GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trading the GTI for an RS5

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Well looks like I'll be keeping the GTI, as I was in the process of putting down a deposit over the phone (stuck on the ship on duty) someone bought it. Must have sold it for more than what I would have gotten it for.

:mad:

Guess it's back to hunting...

Dang! That's sucks, good luck getting your dream car!

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
its a sign, part out and have more monies for a down payment :)

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Well looks like I'll be keeping the GTI, as I was in the process of putting down a deposit over the phone (stuck on the ship on duty) someone bought it. Must have sold it for more than what I would have gotten it for.
:mad:

Guess it's back to hunting...

That's kind of shitty of the dealership to do that when they knew you were going to buy it. Personally I would look somewhere else.

But now you can part out your GTI and get back some of your mod money to put towards a down payment.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
If you still have any of your stock stuff I'd try and bring it as close to stock as possible. I did that and carmax offered me 16k for my MK6. I'm trying to get mafia status too, I'm up for orders this summer, fingers crossed.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd try to part out , as others have said. I'd also push for more for your trade in.

I drove an RS5 a few years back with the sport exhaust. On the track,for an almost 4,000lb car, it was simply incredible. I loved it. Would be an amazing DD. I actually had more fun driving it than the R8 V8 with the old single clutch trans.

If you want help with negotiating or anything, let me know. also, look a few hundred miles (or more) out, to broaden your search parameters.

Re: Audicare - I got it on the A3 and it was only like $650. It varies by model.. check all the services and make sure its actually worth it... you should at minimum get a brake fluid flush (or two), coilpacks and plugs at some interval, cabin filters, DSG flush/change, and then a handful of oil changes.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
its a sign, part out and have more monies for a down payment :)

That's the plan, I've got some ideas in mind :).

That's kind of shitty of the dealership to do that when they knew you were going to buy it. Personally I would look somewhere else.

But now you can part out your GTI and get back some of your mod money to put towards a down payment.

Yeah it was crappy but I can't blame them from a business perspective, I've seen similar RS5s go for more with more miles on autotrader, the sales manager apparently jumped the gun with a number but they were ready to honor it until some other guy grabbed it.

If you still have any of your stock stuff I'd try and bring it as close to stock as possible. I did that and carmax offered me 16k for my MK6. I'm trying to get mafia status too, I'm up for orders this summer, fingers crossed.

I've got all of my stock parts minus wheels, i don't feel comfortable removing the turbo and Intercooler and I'm not sure if the money is get would offset the labor id be charged for putting it back stock.
Good luck with the orders, I transfer in Feb16 so we'll see. Ship life isn't bad, hell I'd go back if they'll let me stay haha.

I'd try to part out , as others have said. I'd also push for more for your trade in.

I drove an RS5 a few years back with the sport exhaust. On the track,for an almost 4,000lb car, it was simply incredible. I loved it. Would be an amazing DD. I actually had more fun driving it than the R8 V8 with the old single clutch trans.

If you want help with negotiating or anything, let me know. also, look a few hundred miles (or more) out, to broaden your search parameters.

Re: Audicare - I got it on the A3 and it was only like $650. It varies by model.. check all the services and make sure its actually worth it... you should at minimum get a brake fluid flush (or two), coilpacks and plugs at some interval, cabin filters, DSG flush/change, and then a handful of oil changes.

That's a sentiment I've seen echoed in many reviews, I did however see that the Gen 3 Audi TT has a lot of new stuff going on that's supposed to spread to the rest of the Audi lineup, I may end up just continuing to put back a grand or so every month toward my car fund and keep the GTI so I dont put too many miles on the new toy.
I'll definitely get some advise from you when that time comes, thanks!

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Haha, you havn't spent enough time as ships company, been on mine for over 3 years now, so ready to be done.

Plenty of people in Jax would be willing to help you out bringing it back to stock for the price of a case of a beer, I'd hit up Steve if you could.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Haha, you havn't spent enough time as ships company, been on mine for over 3 years now, so ready to be done.

Plenty of people in Jax would be willing to help you out bringing it back to stock for the price of a case of a beer, I'd hit up Steve if you could.

I've been onboard for two years and gone through a 9 month deployment, I still say I've done worse haha.

Update on the RS5 adventure, I've found another. 2013 just over 38k miles titanium package asking just over 50 grand. Seller informed me that it was in a low speed accident with a trailer hitch "<5mph" that broke the radiator and says all parts were replaced with genuine Audi parts.
I've never bought private party before, but this seems like a good deal (I don't intend to resale) and I'll likely also be keeping the GTI. Thoughts?

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...ear=1981&searchRadius=300&mmt=[AUDI[RS5[]][]]

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Why the RS5?

Sounds like you're all set on another VW group car. Not trying to knock your decision, but maybe the M4 is more up your alley, or the Lexus RCF

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Why the RS5?

Sounds like you're all set on another VW group car. Not trying to knock your decision, but maybe the M4 is more up your alley, or the Lexus RCF

I've looked at the C7 'vette and the M4 but I keep gravitating toward the RS5. The other cars are nice and faster around a track sure, but I'm drawn by that engine-drivetrain combo and interior; it's understated and doesn't command unwanted attention from the average joe and that's what I like about it.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I've looked at the C7 'vette and the M4 but I keep gravitating toward the RS5. The other cars are nice and faster around a track sure, but I'm drawn by that engine-drivetrain combo and interior; it's understated and doesn't command unwanted attention from the average joe and that's what I like about it.

Yeah, if you want AWD the M4 will dissapoint. They are talking about moving the M3/M4 to AWD next generation (pissing off the BMW guys who think RWD fell out of Jesus's loins LOL), but unless they seriously revamp their X-Drive it's going to prove those guys right, it's got nothing on Quattro.

The RS5 is gorgeous, and it's an RS :drool:

I was in love with the TT-RS myself, found one last year in Silver (not my favorite color) but it wasn't the right car for us at the time.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
do twin k04s they bolt right up

I've never heard of this???

Yeah, if you want AWD the M4 will dissapoint. They are talking about moving the M3/M4 to AWD next generation (pissing off the BMW guys who think RWD fell out of Jesus's loins LOL), but unless they seriously revamp their X-Drive it's going to prove those guys right, it's got nothing on Quattro.

The RS5 is gorgeous, and it's an RS :drool:

I was in love with the TT-RS myself, found one last year in Silver (not my favorite color) but it wasn't the right car for us at the time.

There is that and the fact that the M3/M4 gets a lot of attention (not really looking for that). The new face lifted TT looks pretty awesome too. I'm not sure how I feel about the instrument cluster but we'll see it works in real life.

Also an update, put a deposit down on another grey RS5 today. Also decided that I can't really justify having two vehicles. Looks like my GTI adventures are grown close to their conclusion. Kinda sad.

Another Update:

The dealer sent some photos he took after we got off the phone, I'll be picking up the car Friday or Saturday (click thumbnails for full size).

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

LOVE that color, too.