GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone mount insert?

jamesmk6

Looking at going stage 2 soon and I was looking at engine mounts and what not and was wondering what everyone thought about the dogbone mount insert? Looking at getting BFI stage 1.. Would anyone recommend this or is ECS or the stage 2 mount better?

The Alchemist

Ready to race!
I have that mount. Get the stage 2. The stage one is nice but I feel that 2 would have been a better choice. It's a nice upgrade

jamesmk6

thanks man! How are the vibrations? I know they go away mostly after a couple hundred miles but how good did it settle in? And how was the difference in the feel of the car?

ECB27529

Passed Driver's Ed
I go to Black Forest pretty frequently,it's like 10 minutes from my work....I have APR STAGE 2+ and I was going to get the stage 2 insert, I mean, it's only a few dollars more....but after talking to Adam, who is the service manager there, he suggested the stage 1. I was told the stage 2 was a very stiff mount, and it would compromise the ride comfort. I trust them and until I go K04, I don't see a need. I'm very happy with my STAGE 1 BFI INSERT

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I had the Neuspeed poly mount and just recently switched to 034Motorsports aluminum one. The 034 has more vibrations from going from stop to start, but in every other way it's better.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I go to Black Forest pretty frequently,it's like 10 minutes from my work....I have APR STAGE 2+ and I was going to get the stage 2 insert, I mean, it's only a few dollars more....but after talking to Adam, who is the service manager there, he suggested the stage 1. I was told the stage 2 was a very stiff mount, and it would compromise the ride comfort. I trust them and until I go K04, I don't see a need. I'm very happy with my STAGE 1 BFI INSERT

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was that way with the 1.8t's too. When I had my vr6 people always said go stage 2 with the vr6 and stick to the stage 1 with the 1.8t. One of my friends went straight to stage 2 on his 1.8t and later that week he was ordering a stage 1 insert. I know it's a different mount and a different engine now though, so I'm not sure how that experience might apply to the 2.0t lol...sounds like it's still the same deal tho