GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

clownish

just clowning around
I don't think it's worth it to do it unfortunately. My gti is my money pit/project. I need a better daily that is more fun without dumping a ton of money in it.

I feel the same way with my R32. It's insanely boring compared to my built GTI. Even took it to Wookies and I was wishing for my GTI the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I feel the same way with my R32. It's insanely boring compared to my built GTI. Even took it to Wookies and I was wishing for my GTI the entire time.
looked at your R32 build, from my "old eyes" it would appear like you're saving the GTI and trying to make the R32 into the GTI, if that's the case why not just drive the GTI all the time,.... just saying.

clownish

just clowning around
looked at your R32 build, from my "old eyes" it would appear like you're saving the GTI and trying to make the R32 into the GTI, if that's the case why not just drive the GTI all the time,.... just saying.

Heh, well, I do drive the GTI all the time when I can - 76k mi in 4 years w/ having stored it at least 8 months in that time (winter). I love driving the thing!

I guess I am trying to get the creature comforts the GTI has that the mk5 doesn't have. I am considering finding a Passat wagon and sideways moving into that because then I will have more utility from a similar platform for around the same cost. There's something to having a daily that you just don't really care about and just drive/toss things into. Same reason I miss my SUV and rent a Jeep every time I need a rental car.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Heh, well, I do drive the GTI all the time when I can - 76k mi in 4 years w/ having stored it at least 8 months in that time (winter). I love driving the thing!

I guess I am trying to get the creature comforts the GTI has that the mk5 doesn't have. I am considering finding a Passat wagon and sideways moving into that because then I will have more utility from a similar platform for around the same cost. There's something to having a daily that you just don't really care about and just drive/toss things into. Same reason I miss my SUV and rent a Jeep every time I need a rental car.
I hear ya,:w00t: I have had faster cars in my time but tend to grow attached to a few. I've owned expensive cars but honestly I have more fun in the cheaper hardware, you can overdrive them, if you crash, you walk away with less financial hurt. It's prolly more to do with personality more than anything. I actually get a huge kick out of using my slow car to chase faster cars.

My 2 pennies

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
hope it's not a cherokee your renting..owned one brand new 2014..1 year later this happened. Randomly caught on fire. I wish I could upload the video I took of it on fire. was pretty big, took fire department 45 min to put it out.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
https://youtu.be/vLqdO9TdvZQ

link to video.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

That is some scary stuff. I usually get a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

This last time I got a Renegade as a change of pace. It was that Sand color and I got about 4 old ladies commenting on how cute it was. Drove okay, not a car I'd buy tho. Terrible CVT and the motor always feels rough and loud, like it's working too hard. I want to try the manual turbo 1.4L and see how that feels but honestly it's not a car I'd want to own. Looks kinda cool, is comfy and was great for hauling 3 people around for a week.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
So the question IS why haven't you bought a VW Tiguan, basically a GTI on stilts!

You can almost put all the mods on it that you can on the GTI, including K04 and suspension.

Just saying!

EDIT: Go drive one and see, there is also a new larger one on its way.

Last edited:

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Polished/cleaned my exhaust tips today. Also bought a ton of service for my baby, oil kit, fuel filter, oil cleaner, valve cleaner, radiator cleaner and the IE hose kit. Liqui moly all the way!!!

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Ordered a badgeless grill and put back my borla cat-back, I should received my new AFE oil air filter next week and once I receive it I will clean my winter air filter.

The car now have rims on, looks amazing ! Tomorrow, WALK kit will be installed, camber will be removed with adjustable rear control arms and at the same time I will get the alignment done. Thursday, I will go to the Official VW Body shop for the corrosion warranty.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Looking for some budget coilovers, comfort in mind. Any ideas ?

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
im running FK street lines off of ecs tuning. no problems since and they've been on for 1000 km or so.

How's the comfort? Need much camber beyond 2"?