GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning: Avoid doing business with this member

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been a car enthusiast for over 8 years. During that time I've sold many many parts both OEM and aftermarket to other enthusiasts. I have not had a single problem selling on forums/craigslist/ebay until now.

On 09/16/2017 I received a PM from a member on here called A3-Owner about 'used parts'. He ended up being interested in the OEM K03 turbo that just came off my car and was pre-inspected by Vokswagen.

Ok, money received, all is well so I ship the item out. The turbo arrives to the buyer on 09/29/2017. On 10/10/2017 the buyer opens a dispute claiming the turbo is blown. No contact was made with me beforehand, no pms, emails, or calls. Now i'm not sure what the issue is if he changed his mind on what turbo to go with or what because that turbo was 100% fine. I have receipts/paper work from VW proving so and even inspected it personally before boxing it up. Even with that the buyer won the dispute. Just warning you sellers out there so you don't have your time/money wasted over a $100 item :bellyroll:

Anyway cheers and happy motoring. Guess i'll be doing more local sales with items like turbos from now on. Can't trust anyone anymore.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
There will always be shady a55 people who will try to scam others. For me, I dealt with a shady seller on Ebay. Bought a used PPI amp, tested it and five minutes later, it started to smoke. PM'd him and we mutually agreed for me to send it back to him. A week goes by and he "claimed" he never received it. That's what you call an a55hole.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
I've been a car enthusiast for over 8 years. During that time I've sold many many parts both OEM and aftermarket to other enthusiasts. I have not had a single problem selling on forums/craigslist/ebay until now.

On 09/16/2017 I received a PM from a member on here called A3-Owner about 'used parts'. He ended up being interested in the OEM K03 turbo that just came off my car and was pre-inspected by Vokswagen.

Ok, money received, all is well so I ship the item out. The turbo arrives to the buyer on 09/29/2017. On 10/10/2017 the buyer opens a dispute claiming the turbo is blown. No contact was made with me beforehand, no pms, emails, or calls. Now i'm not sure what the issue is if he changed his mind on what turbo to go with or what because that turbo was 100% fine. I have receipts/paper work from VW proving so and even inspected it personally before boxing it up. Even with that the buyer won the dispute. Just warning you sellers out there so you don't have your time/money wasted over a $100 item :bellyroll:

Anyway cheers and happy motoring. Guess i'll be doing more local sales with items like turbos from now on. Can't trust anyone anymore.

Our PM conversation:

Re: Shipping
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3-Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R35Dan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How much for shipping to 80234?
Shipping for what? The message doesn't have a link
The used turbo, not the seats.
For the turbo I can do $150 shipped.
It's boxed up and ready to go too.
What is your method of payment? I can do Paypal.
Perfect. My paypal is <seller's email redacted for privacy>

I'll have it out tomorrow
I just sent the money via Paypal.
Got it. I'll send you tracking info tomorrow.

Cheers

The sales post:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112981&highlight=turbo

1. You said the turbo is fine in the sales post. You never said the turbo was checked out by VW. What does that exactly mean? What VW shop did the inspection? Did they look at the turbo when it was off the car or on a bench?

Me-I had the turbo looked at by my local APR/UM/IE/ETC shop has done big turbo builds for me and is well known in the industry and they told me the wastegate was shot. The waste gate is part of the manifold and replacing it can be done with welding but didn't advise it. That or replace the whole manifold. I knew I took a risk on the turbo with 150K miles on it. That is a lot of miles but I had hopes it could still work.

2. Are you out any money? I payed for shipping of the turbo to me and will pay for the shipping back to you. I am the one out for shipping a heavy piece of equipment twice.

3. You come on the forum and warns others about doing business with me without sending me any messages? Is it because you are upset I didn't do the same via email or phones calls but did it via Paypal? My trust went out the door when I found out the the wastegate is shot. Did you read the message I sent you via the Paypal? I told you exactly what happened via Paypal. I didn't just do a refund via the payment site because I wanted to f with you. I sent you a message and I didn't see a response. Paypal disputes happen all the time and they advise to have the buyer and seller talk. I wanted to talk via this method. I chose a vehicle before me that would be tracked. Phone calls, emails can't be tracked. Paypals system can be tracked and I chose to use it.

I have done a number of transactions on this site selling and buying so I have a decent track record up to this point.

4. You mention it took me days to get the turbo looked at. It is called life. I didn't just get the package and run over to my local shop and ask them to look over the turbo. I have to find time to get down there and ask them about a part. I have work, life, responsibilities that time up my time.

So who is the one coming onto a forum to character assassinate a person without giving the whole side of the story or giving the other person a shot at giving their side? You don't know me nor would I want to know you. Go onto a forum and try to trash someone without giving them a chance....I thought of doing the same to you and posting it on your build post but I held off and decided to do the more mature method.

You want some character or judgement attacks? I read your build post and other posts about how you bought a 150K Mile GTI and the engine went on you? Who would buy a GTI with that many miles on it without making sure it was in good health? Actually who would buy a 2010 GTI that many miles period? Unless you can do the work yourself it was a dumb decision. See that how that works. I only put this up on the forum as an example of what it looks like when you just make assumptions and don't give the other side of the story. Maybe you got the car for a great price. Maybe the engine came back looking fine but the timing chain tensioner failed on you.

I could keep going but I am going to stop. I would never do a forum post like this without both sides of the story. I will take the high road and keep the turbo. You probably need the money to fix that broken GTI you bought and need the money to put on your K04 with all those mods you have or want. Enjoy the car and enjoy more years of auto motive experience.

Learn a lesson about when you are selling an item that has a lot of use and it has been inspected and then tell the potential buyers that. I learned my lesson with this purchase in those regards and to ask more questions.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
There will always be shady a55 people who will try to scam others. For me, I dealt with a shady seller on Ebay. Bought a used PPI amp, tested it and five minutes later, it started to smoke. PM'd him and we mutually agreed for me to send it back to him. A week goes by and he "claimed" he never received it. That's what you call an a55hole.

Wow........Did you read the posting? I never claimed I never got the turbo. The OP says I told him the turbo was blown. I have the turbo sitting on my work bench in my garage.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sounds like more like avoid doing business with OP.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Dan, I have written this to you via email and will post it here as well:

Hi Dan, while I understand you may be upset about the tune not being completed today, please keep in mind that without datalogs from the vehicle I can’t make any tuning changes. I asked for a datalog when I sent you the instructions for the dyno prior to you getting there. I also asked for them over the phone when we talked. Nothing was sent to me. I am not quite certain what happened during the 3 hours that you were on the dyno, but I was certainly not sent any information that would allow me to tune the car.

Furthermore, the remote dyno session was something that I agreed to due to the difficulties you had getting datalogs when depressing the accelerator past the pedal detent and the car automatically downshifting. This was after we already went through several tune iterations. This was done in order to help you out at no extra charge, as the e-tune you purchased does not include live dyno tuning.

We have more than fulfilled all the requirements of our e-tune process but unfortunately you were not able to carry out the process and provide me with the data needed to tune the car in spite of me sending you clear instructions.

I have even contacted the dyno operator you were using asking what happened during the 3 hours you were on there such that no datalogs were performed or sent my way. He did not reply. When I asked you the same over the phone, you hung up on me.

I am at a loss as to what I could have done here to help the situation further. However as I mentioned via email I am happy to continue tuning your car if you’re able to provide me with some single gear pull datalogs.

This about sums up all i need to know about OP.

R35Dan

Passed Driver's Ed
And this is why I stay off forums like these.

I've sold over 25k worth of parts/items on forums/craigslist/ebay. 100% buyer feedback. In the end The buyer failed to send the 'blown turbo' back when he won the dispute and received the refund. As a result no refund will be issued because today was the deadline (Not my decision) he had over 2 weeks. Not sure why he wouldn't send it back. I would have gladly had it inspected again at the same Volkswagen dealer that took it off then sell local.

I will add a few things.
----------------------------------------------------
  • Are you out any money? I payed for shipping of the turbo to me and will pay for the shipping back to you. I am the one out for shipping a heavy piece of equipment twice.

Me- Not sure what the issue is you won the dispute and should have shipped it back. The price we agreed to included shipping as well.
3. You come on the forum and warns others about doing business with me without sending me any messages? Is it because you are upset I didn't do the same via email or phones calls but did it via Paypal? My trust went out the door when I found out the the wastegate is shot. Did you read the message I sent you via the Paypal? I told you exactly what happened via Paypal. I didn't just do a refund via the payment site because I wanted to f with you. I sent you a message and I didn't see a response. Paypal disputes happen all the time and they advise to have the buyer and seller talk. I wanted to talk via this method. I chose a vehicle before me that would be tracked. Phone calls, emails can't be tracked. Paypals system can be tracked and I chose to use it.

I have done a number of transactions on this site selling and buying so I have a decent track record up to this point.

Me- There was no message sent on this forum or Paypal prior to the dispute being opened/escalated as I stated and have proof of. I responded to the dispute message anyway, it's still there last time I checked. You won the dispute and should have shipped it back in the given time frame for your refund again. This post is a warning to others.

4. You mention it took me days to get the turbo looked at. It is called life. I didn't just get the package and run over to my local shop and ask them to look over the turbo. I have to find time to get down there and ask them about a part. I have work, life, responsibilities that time up my time.

So who is the one coming onto a forum to character assassinate a person without giving the whole side of the story or giving the other person a shot at giving their side? You don't know me nor would I want to know you. Go onto a forum and try to trash someone without giving them a chance....I thought of doing the same to you and posting it on your build post but I held off and decided to do the more mature method.

Me- If positing that I had a negative selling experience with you is considered 'character assassination' then we are living in a sad world. It was a warning to others, the dispute was done and over with. You could have shipped it back for a refund. I tried to work it out with you. I'm glad you'd never want to know me, the feeling is mutual.

Me- Now we get to the good part, you speak of handling things mature but post stuff like this :confused:

You want some character or judgement attacks? I read your build post and other posts about how you bought a 150K Mile GTI and the engine went on you? Who would buy a GTI with that many miles on it without making sure it was in good health? Actually who would buy a 2010 GTI that many miles period? Unless you can do the work yourself it was a dumb decision. See that how that works. I only put this up on the forum as an example of what it looks like when you just make assumptions and don't give the other side of the story. Maybe you got the car for a great price. Maybe the engine came back looking fine but the timing chain tensioner failed on you.

Me- Maybe if you actually read the thread... :lol: Anyway I believe you mistake assumptions with facts in the case of this thread. Which would make posting the above completely irrelevant and malevolent. But thanks for the love!

I could keep going but I am going to stop. I would never do a forum post like this without both sides of the story. I will take the high road and keep the turbo.

Me- You won the dispute and had over two weeks to ship it back. Plenty of time with your busy life. Please take the high road, i don't want parts back that were perfectly fine before being shipped.

You probably need the money to fix that broken GTI you bought and need the money to put on your K04 with all those mods you have or want. Enjoy the car and enjoy more years of auto motive experience.

Damn you are right, I definitely need the money to fix my non-broken GTI. Nice try bud.
image-2017-10-19.jpg

Learn a lesson about when you are selling an item that has a lot of use and it has been inspected and then tell the potential buyers that. I learned my lesson with this purchase in those regards and to ask more questions.

Me- The only lesson learned here is to never sell a used turbo online, especially on a GTI forum. Local sales only. Cheers and happy motoring!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I checked your build thread and it seems the same behavior here is happening with Alex@Stratified. Posting without details from both sides of the story.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...=112454&page=2

In addition I will respond to the following with, the problem with Alex was posted with details from both sides but was deleted. Not my problem. Also just updated that thread. People can view things how they please but facts are facts.