GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Using a VCDS?

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
that is odd. I stop by my local dealership every once in a while just for the kisses

I'm going to all the wrong places it seems. This non-dealer shop has no limits though!

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
New update! It doesn't seem to be the valve springs after all (at this point). It seems to be an injector(s) issue and in need of a carbon cleaning. Parts are coming in tomorrow and the work should be done by Wednesday/Thursday. I'll know then whether or not those were the complete cause of my CEL.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Got my car back today after a fresh set of injectors and a carbon cleaning were performed. I am around 54,000 miles and the carbon buildup was said to be pretty minimal for those miles. Either way I wanted it done to save on labor.

So far no CEL, but it's snowing here and I am still on my summer tires. I didn't have a chance to redline it (where the problem commonly occurred). I will say it felt much smoother in the power delivery and maybe more powerful? I think the "extra" power is just a false butt dyno since I was driving a N/A 140 hp car the past week.

I will also say that the hesitation in the 2-3k RPM range under lighter throttle is once again fixed. It was initially fixed when I put in the GFB DV+, but that came back a short while later. Now it seems like everything is more linear. The car also idles smoother and doesn't feel down on power in the cold.

Quick summary in case someone else is searching for answers on their car. After a year of on and off CEL I finally feel like the car is running properly.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Unfortunately I do not see the same arrangement come up after running Meas. Blocks - 06 but rather a mess of things. Possibly due to using OpenOffice Spreadsheet vs Excel (which I do not have).

CEL is back P0300 and P0302

Not sure about OpenOffice but I think you have a chance to change the views before you do the final import of a CSV file to get it to look like you want it to.

Or you could use Google Sheets, which is free and CSV files open up just like Excel.

Also have look at a little video I made a while back about logging. It is easiest to use the Advanced Measuring blocks to pick and choose what you want to log. Probably 2, maybe 3 groups max with that cable you have. The HEX+Can cable has turbo mode and a higher sampling rate. The more data you choose to log the fewer samples you will get.

my youtube video

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
I must have been doing something wrong when loading it. I'll try Google Sheets next chance I get/need to do logs.

I think I logged 4 things at a time, but not whole groups. Still a helpful video, thanks.