GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dinantronics Sport Module?

gtiguy482

Passed Driver's Ed
Subbed for updates on this. I have been on the fence since I bought my car new and this seems like a good option for a little more power without going full blown tune. Great price as well!

gtiguy482

Passed Driver's Ed
I did some searching the other night and found a decent thread with a little feedback from some different owners. I found it on golfmk7.com. I know its not really relevant to our cars but it has some decent feedback on what some owners think. It was in the last few pages of the thread.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25594

I found it pretty informing. Any of you guys have an update as well? I think i'm going to order one before stock runs out.

JPKGTI

I installed my Dinantronics module today. The car definitely pulls harder. I need to drive with it some more, but overall, it's seems like a great upgrade for the price. Installation is really easy. I ended up removing the entire airbox to get better access to the pressure sensor. I zip-tied the module to the engine wiring harness that runs up the right side of the engine. The app works okay. I have a boost gauge, so I won't be using it except to change performance settings. I'll probably run the +3 PSI setting most of the time, +4 PSI when I'm feeling frisky.

TheCor

Ready to race!
I installed mine as well, removing only the the part of the intake track that they recommend in their online PDF (two screws into the front grill, then a couple push tabs to remove the "U" portion from the grill feed into the air box. It was pretty tight and I don't have huge hands.

I have it set on "Race" for a 4.0 PSI boost. I don't see much of a reason to set it lower, its a relatively small gain and well within stock turbo limits.

The boost gauge in the app is pretty horrible - I wasn't expecting much more, but it doesn't seem to maintain a good connection. Otherwise, the app works well enough to change maps.

I don't get a lot of chances to go WOT, or really to get on it that much. I'm often in traffic or have my boys in the car with me, which is why I never bothered with a full tune. From a roll, it's really hard for me to notice much of a difference in any gear. Just a few minutes ago, I started from a dig at a stop sign on the way into work and spun right through first and second, and it pulled pretty damn hard in 3rd - that was the first time that I could confidently say that there is a little more power. The tire spin is due to having 5 year old Blizzaks on lol - not because its some build monster of a GTI now.

I give it an overall rating of "meh".

For the price, if I notice it occasionally...cool.

Also - mine never asked for a MAC address like it says it would? Says it is connected though...should I be concerned?

Last edited:

TheCor

Ready to race!
I'll answer my own question for everyone's benefit. Hopefully anyone who bought this knows to use the app with the Dinan logo and the little red "S" in the corner. That is the correct app for the sport performance tuner - and does not require a MAC address to be added. I found this info on an older BMW thread from Dinan support themselves. Carry on.

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
update: installed mine in about 5 minutes and it paired to my phone fine. It is a smooth even power that does not overwhelm you. But got me up to 65 faster thab before.

Overall I give it a 6 out of 10 or so.

TheCor

Ready to race!
I had a chance on the way home from work yesterday to get on it a bit more, the power is much more noticeable on the top end. A wide open 3rd gear pull surprised me. So the extra power is there, but I agree its not overwhelming. For $165, it was worth it.

larlev

I just installed mine. Install was easy and for under 200 bucks can say its definitely noticeable. 3rd gear was really fun.
Honestly, it makes me want to REALLY tune. Was hoping I'd be content, but now cant imagine what these cars are like with stage 2

Attachments

• 20180613_195525.jpg
    20180613_195525.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

larlev

After a 400mile trip today was pulling from a light and got a p0299 underboost code. Car feels fine, wondering if the Dinan is causing this. Hopefully extra boost hasn't caused an issue.

Any ideas before I have to drive back tomm?

Last edited:

mk6gti42

just ordered one of these off ecs gonna see what all the fuss about lol. should be getting this Thursday if not tomorrow.

larlev

I am still getting p0299 code when module is in Race mode. Did install new Rev D DV just for piece of mind. Only get the code when it's in Race mode.

TheCor

Ready to race!
I am still getting p0299 code when module is in Race mode. Did install new Rev D DV just for piece of mind. Only get the code when it's in Race mode.

Are you using 93 Octane? Silly question but have to ask. I've only ever run mine on race mode and no codes. Then again I only ever use 93, not 91.