GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD 310 audio out connectors?

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm planning on putting a sub into my new mk6, going to build a fitted sub box in the boot where the firstaid kit normally goes.

However one big starting block is the audio out.

So I opted for the 8 speaker/RCD 310 radio setup which comes with ipod/usb stick connection which is fine, but what about phono connectors?

any tips and pointers to getting to the back of the radio with minimal effort? (maybe that shout read minimal breakage!)

I'm guessing vw dont run any of the cables I need in anywhere in the car as standard do they?

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks for that, I took my radio out to check (im sure its illegal the cars only just over a week old lol) and they have changed the connector layout again!

For a good period of time vw used a standard ISO connector and then a set of 3 miniture connector blocks which were 3 different colours blue for audio in/cd, green for phone, yellow for phono out. looking at the back of the 310 its different although they have adopted the same idea but theres only CD in (or in my case usb/ipod) and phone and no provision for anything else.

I think the next challenge is going to be how on earth do I connect in wires for the amp without splicing any cables?

It seems sensible to use the rear speakers as my output but i was unsure the best way to get them out on my 3 door (i'll search the forums) as then I could mak some sort of interconnector between the wiring to the speaker and the speaker with my own cables running out to the amp.

Then the final problem is finding out where there hell I put the speaker input adaptor for my amp! its not something I normally use and I am hoping I didnt bin it and its just somewhere in my workshop although over 3 years who knows! Maybe i'll have to dig deep in the old coin jar and buy a new amp, although the sony I have is red like my car and I'd prefer to use that!

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok done a bit more research and have come up with a decent solution just trying to track the parts down now.

intially I didnt get the idea of using a line level convertor as my amp has one built in, however its such a nightmare to run cables anywhere in the car and get panels off I finally had abit of inspiration reading through mkV golf forum.

Basically where the ISO connector is on the headunit you can get a proper adaptor thats about 6 inch ISO extender and also provides line outs.

That way you can just work like a normal stereo. Some of them I noticed even list a remote output line to turn the amp on, just what the doctor ordered!

Just having a scroll through ebay now as there seem to be a fair few types, some which lose rear speakers, some which dont, some that splice in and I have yet to find something thats just 'plug in' I might have to buy a splice in rca convertor with remote line, then splice it into a 6" iso connector, that should do the job :)