GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Laguna Seca decibel limit

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Wasn't able to find any information on this forum regarding this topic.

I am interested in running at Laguna Seca in June, there is a 90 db limit.

Any of you guys with turboback exhausts run there successfully?

I have a catted CTS turboback exhaust, which is relatively tame. So I'm assuming I will pass (other friends who have run at Laguna suggest I will pass as well)

I have found other people on forums suggesting lifting up on the throttle between turns 5 and 6, as this is where the sound meter is (measured from 50 feet).

If any of you guys have run at Laguna Seca and can chime in, I would really appreciate it.

darkGTI

Ready to race!
I ran at Lime Rock which had a muffled event at 86 db, and I run SPM + AWE, so as long as you have a muffler you should be fine.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
I ran at Lime Rock which had a muffled event at 86 db, and I run SPM + AWE, so as long as you have a muffler you should be fine.

Thanks for the info. With the f23t it gets pretty loud under full boost (27-29psi spike). But I can always run lower boost if it's too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Update: ran a sound check at the track, car ran at 85db. Best lap of 1:56. Such a fun track! Been a dream to run here ever since the first time I played gran turismo.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Update: ran a sound check at the track, car ran at 85db. Best lap of 1:56. Such a fun track! Been a dream to run here ever since the first time I played gran turismo.

^awesome!

I would love to drive some laps there someday.
Did you drive your rig there and back or trailer it?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
^awesome!

+1 Over the years I've driven on a lot of the big tracks in the east include Mosport, Watkins Glen, Barber, Road Atlanta and Daytona but Laguna Seca remains on my Bucket List.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
^awesome!

Did you drive your rig there and back or trailer it?

Drove it there! This car is still my daily and weekend track/road trip car. The GTI does it all. What a great car.