GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Delivery

TheCastle

Ready to race!
I'm going to Europe in the fall of this year and noticed that BMW, Audi, Porsche, etc. offer a European Delivery (ED) option for their cars. It seems like a great way to purchase as BMW/AUDI/Volvo all offer 5-10% off the price of the car on top of what ever deal you negotiate with the dealer. Some offer free round trip airfare to Germany, and all offer free delivery to the US.

I think it would be great to pick up a Mk7 GTI and drive it on the AutoBahn, and on the ring. That is if it goes on sale in Europe after the unveiling in September.

My question is that VW doesn't seem to offer an ED option is that correct? Is Audi the only VAG member that offers European delivery? As much as I like VW I'd perfer a 328i if I was going the Luxury car route vs an A4. But I'd really like a new GTI.

Anyone done this?

McQueen77

Banned
i didn't know audi did. VW defintiely does not. i know a few people who have done this with Bimmers and its a memorable experience although in the end, you don't really save a whole lot of money. they dont cover your airfare. they usually cover a few nights in a hotel and pay all the fees and transport to get it back to the us.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I went with my friend to pick up his BMW in Munich, it was the trip of a lifetime. IDK if I have the patience to deal with it tho.

Probably not enough of a margin in the VW to make this an option for VW buyers. Plus 5 or 10% off a 25k car is much less than of a 50k car (obviously) so the savings aren't really there for this price point to make it a worthwhile option.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
i didn't know audi did. VW defintiely does not. i know a few people who have done this with Bimmers and its a memorable experience although in the end, you don't really save a whole lot of money. they dont cover your airfare. they usually cover a few nights in a hotel and pay all the fees and transport to get it back to the us.

Actually BMW does a 2 for one deal on round trip air fare. If you buy a ticket they pick up the second round trip air fare for free. I think if your going to Europe anyway, and wanted to save money on the trip... That and your also interested in a car Ed, would be sweet. Imaging taking delivery of your own custom built audi, BMW, Volvo, etc. the driving on the autobahn and taking a drive on the ring

Volvo pays for your air fare. Audi does not.

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2011/12/the-complete-guide-to-european-delivery-programs/4/

I think it would be an awesome bucket list item, to go to Germany take delivery of your new car and drive it on the roads it was designed for.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
most of VWs here are made in mexico and now tennesse. That's why :laugh:

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
I think I would do European Delivery if I go Euro again for my next car. Would be an awesome trip. :w00t:

davewes

Ready to race!
While stationed in Germany I've seen a few people take advantage of a local European delivery. My former boss went to the Volvo factory a few different times to pick up new cars. My brother in law ordered a new E-Class when this current generation came out. He went down to the factory at Stuttgart and got the white glove treatment and watched his car roll off the line while he was there. Definitely a cool experience if you can do swing it. I've seen the deliveries at the BMW Welt in Munich as well.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
While stationed in Germany I've seen a few people take advantage of a local European delivery. My former boss went to the Volvo factory a few different times to pick up new cars. My brother in law ordered a new E-Class when this current generation came out. He went down to the factory at Stuttgart and got the white glove treatment and watched his car roll off the line while he was there. Definitely a cool experience if you can do swing it. I've seen the deliveries at the BMW Welt in Munich as well.

How do you guys get them back stateside. Govt cover that? My employer is a german company and I go over there a lot. I wonder if I could pick a car up and get it back.

Rocco?

davewes

Ready to race!
How do you guys get them back stateside. Govt cover that? My employer is a german company and I go over there a lot. I wonder if I could pick a car up and get it back.

Rocco?

We are allowed to ship one vehicle back on our orders when we come back stateside. Most overseas sales programs will ship the car back for you for free if it's within one year of the purchase. The downside of that is, you are liable for taxes if you ship the car back before the one year period is up.

Bandit1

Ready to race!
I've always wanted to participate in a european delivery program. However, one thing has always bothered me about european delivery... How could you take is easy and break in the car when you're on those roads? :iono: