GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Weather = I hate my car

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
My car is among the quietest I have every experienced (not just owned) in the cold in terms of rattles/creaks/etc. It has none, ever, at anytime.

However my biggest gripe about it being cold out is that the DSG is a bit sluggish when the transmission itself is cold. It is a bit slow to react off idle and when changing from park to reverse/drive.

And of course the implications turbos have in cold weather bothers me. How it has no boost and runs a bit more coarse than otherwise.

However both are completely normal and fully operational and once the car warms up, are resolved.

hey i just noticed your c&d link. cool stuff man.:thumbsup:

nooaah

Something makes a very low frequency whistle for about 15 minutes if my car was parked outside (as opposed to in my garage) in under 35 degree weather. It also seems to lunge at low speeds in this time. Oh, and the floor lights sometimes flash. Very weird - I figured the floor light thing may have had to do with a warning about low fuel. Engine also rattles a bit until it warms up.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Something makes a very low frequency whistle for about 15 minutes if my car was parked outside (as opposed to in my garage) in under 35 degree weather. It also seems to lunge at low speeds in this time. Oh, and the floor lights sometimes flash. Very weird - I figured the floor light thing may have had to do with a warning about low fuel. Engine also rattles a bit until it warms up.

No. That's an electrical gremlin. See if the can fix it.

The whistle may be the secondary air pump. Normal noises.

Its lunging because if the engine isn't warmed up to correct temperature the ECU will lower the power and reduce throttle response. You're not used to this so the first few shifts are shitty since the only way to shift this car is muscle memory, not by feel in the clutch pedal. Happens to me every morning. Its stupid.