GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have an idea about how much my car would sell...?

AlDiA

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59536
I'm selling my car,
but seems like no one is interested...lol.
So, thinking about trading it in,
someone told me that I'm only gonna get 12k from the dealer.
Is that true?
Anyone can confirm?
Thanks a lot,
any input would be appreciated.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Look up your car on KBB. Then, assume lower than the poor condition trade-in value. That'll be about what you can actually expect from a dealer. You're much better off selling private party.

Where do you have it listed? No offense, but the demand for a european hatchback in Iowa City, Iowa might be limited. Consider posting it on Craigslist in Chicago, St Louis, and Minneapolis. Larger metro areas will probably have more demand for you, and at such a good price, people might be willing to travel to pickup the car, or pay a little to have it shipped. Casting the widest net possible is always the best bet.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dont use KBB.. use www.nada.com - usually seems more in line. Depending on the dealer, it is not uncommon to be able to negotiate up another 1-2K+ on your trade-in, from what they initially offer you - which is usually balls out low.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Dealers use black book which takes into account the cost of repairing the vehicle to a state in which it can be sold.

As posted above, as long as you dont need tires or anything like that its usually right around fair-poor kbb trade in.

The used car market still hasnt really bounced back from cash for clunkers so values are still somewhat higher than normal.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
It also depends on the car you're trading in for. if it's something the dealer wants to move, they'll give you more on trade-in. Remember, everything is negotiable. Still, trading in should be an absolute last resort.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sans tires in extreme conditions, and maybe an oil change, most dealers don't do shit with your trade-in.

AlDiA

Passed Driver's Ed
I see. Thanks so much for the responses.
So I should post on different craigslists perhaps cars.com?
I am willing to travel to meet actually.
So the trade in poor value is around 13k and 12k actually sounds right...that's ridiculous!
No wonder people say dealer is stealer...
I just had my oil change and alignment done around 31k miles...

Well I guess I'll wait a little bit.
Since Im not in a hurry.
Probably gonna get a new car around august.
Thanks guys!! :D

從我使用 Tapatalk 2 的 HTC One 發送