GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Headlights and Rain Sensors

Veejster

Passed Driver's Ed
The only reason I installed my rain/light sensor was because I needed a new windshield. I got the sensor, mirror, and wiring harness all from ebay in a package. It cost me about $170 and about only 2-3 hours of work if you've done wiring to the CECM before. It's not hard at all of you have a good idea of what you are doing and plan to get a new windshield. The replacement windshield I received was even Saint-Gobain Sekurit, which is basically the OEM glass without the VW logo. What I enjoy most is having the rain sensing wipers and the leaving home feature. My LED DRLS and fogs come on when I press the unlock when it's darker outside. I literally don't touch anything anymore once I get in my car. The rain closure is also a cool feature to show off. :)

Fuzzyhead

Ready to race!
Jacksonv, good point. I'm sure I'll end up doing the same thing if I have to replace the windshield. Those features do seem cool.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
With a rain sensor/dimming mirror you can also install anti-dazzle side mirrors...however, the replacement mirrors are difficult to find and they cost an absurd amount. With that being said, it completes the package and they are sooo awesome

Veejster

Passed Driver's Ed
Anti-dazzle mirrors are dimming mirrors. The anti-dazzle side mirrors work in tandem with the auto-dimming interior rear view mirror and will dim when it does. I was going to retrofit these when I added my power folding mirrors, but just the glass cost $300 per side.

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
RLS also provides other cool benefits that can be VAGCOM coded such as:
Auto Coming Home (lights/and or fogs turn on when you unlock the car when its dark)
Auto Leaving Home (lights and or fogs turn on when you turn the car off and lock it when its dark)

(or vice versa I cant remember which is which)

also
window auto close (windows will close if left open with car off and sensor detects rain)
rain headlights (car will automatically turn on headlights in the rain)
highway lights (car will automatically turn on headlights over 85mph)

Scott2

Ready to race!
I'm bringing this back up

I recently had my windshield replaced and came across an option for RLS. After some researching I ordered up an Rls "kit" which included everything.

Now that windshield Is in, wiring is ran, sensor is mounted, auto switch in place and all coded, I cannot get the auto light feature to work what so ever. I traced wire after wire and everything checked out. The rls function works when I pour water onto the windshield.

Any input on trouble shooting? I know I pm'd a few already but not sure what else to check at this post

2013 mk6 GLI autobahn if it helps any

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424114021.906275.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424114052.606918.jpg

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
Do you have the euro switch with the automatic light position and have you used a vagcom cable to code your car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just reread your post.

I'd double check your wiring.

Scott2

Ready to race!
Do you have the euro switch with the automatic light position and have you used a vagcom cable to code your car?

Yes on all the above. If I can get into a PC, Ill post my scan.

The instructions state to tap into pin 28 on the T52 brown connector with the black/blue wire. Looks like pin 28 is rear fog light bulb. Does that make sense?

Scott2

Ready to race!

Just reread your post.

I'd double check your wiring.

Do you know exactly where the wiring goes on the CECM? I'm using the supplied sheet that came with the kit