GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrading to RCD510

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently have an RCD 310 in 09' Golf TDI without Bluetooth DAB Etc... I want to swap it out for the RCD 510, i've read elsewhere that it's a simple Plug and Play but some people say coding may be required...

Anyone else done this swap?

clownish

just clowning around
Depending on your MY it might need some VAGCOM but honestly any coding you do won't be too complicated if you can find Rosstech or DIY instructions. It's mostly just changing values in the long coding and saving your original coding to make sure that if anything happens you can reload the original sequence.

Search the forums for the coding or DIYs; I'm sure it's in here somewhere because this is a very common swap.

That said, I swapped from a Premium 7 to a RCD-510 in my mk5 r32 and it was a straight plug and play swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
Depending on your MY it might need some VAGCOM but honestly any coding you do won't be too complicated if you can find Rosstech or DIY instructions. It's mostly just changing values in the long coding and saving your original coding to make sure that if anything happens you can reload the original sequence.

Search the forums for the coding or DIYs; I'm sure it's in here somewhere because this is a very common swap.

That said, I swapped from a Premium 7 to a RCD-510 in my mk5 r32 and it was a straight plug and play swap.

Cheers for that info. I'm not sure where to buy the RCD510 from though or even which one... So many different ones with different part numbers. I want to make sure it's compatible with Bluetooth for when i later on decide to install it.

Are you able to provide where your purchased yours from or point me in the right direction please?

clownish

just clowning around
I traded for mine from a MY 12 Golf R from a friend so not much help.

I'd check the forums - there's always some for sale here, in the mk5 forums or on vortex, etc. I'm not sure in part numbers but I'd look for as late a model as possible - the last letter in the part number changes as revisions go up, starting from A typically.

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
I traded for mine from a MY 12 Golf R from a friend so not much help.

I'd check the forums - there's always some for sale here, in the mk5 forums or on vortex, etc. I'm not sure in part numbers but I'd look for as late a model as possible - the last letter in the part number changes as revisions go up, starting from A typically.

Oh okay thanks. Think i'm going to go with the RNS 315 now because of the built in Bluetooth, installing the bluetooth on the RCD 510 seems like a lot of work. Going to start a new thread on the RNS 315.

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
I've read the RNS 315 has built-in Bluetooth, not all of them but some of them do, it depends on the year or part number or something like that... I'm not sure which ones specifically do, that's what im trying to find out now lol