GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic software without removal of ECU

xg31

Ready to race!
I just got my new GTI and has been looking for chip! So i called around to vendors in TO and notice that Unitronics do not have a chip for our car yet.

I messaged Lavi@Unitronic.ca 2 days ago and he says the new cable is being shipped out next week and it shouldnt be more than 2 weeks before dealers have them for the software.

Best news of all.. it does not require ECU to be removed!

zee

Go Kart Champion
Not to harp on them since they are Canadian...with the way the encryption algorithm has been talked about, I'll believe it when I see it.

Q822

Ready to race!
lol you just misanderstand him...the new cable is needed even if they remove the ecu...APR had the same issues at the beginning some of the dealers close here didn't have this new tool...it doesn't mean that they don't have to remove the ECU..

fredf

Go Kart Champion
lol you just misanderstand him...the new cable is needed even if they remove the ecu...APR had the same issues at the beginning some of the dealers close here didn't have this new tool...it doesn't mean that they don't have to remove the ECU..

I'm not sure how Bubuski misunderstood him. He did say 'Best news of all.. it does not require ECU to be removed!'.
That is pretty straight forward to me as well. And we will both believe it when we see it!

Q822

Ready to race!
no, I mean XG3 misanderstood the guy who said that the new cable will be ship. This cable doesn't mean that the ECU doesn't have to be remove...