GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 vs 2011

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
just got off the phone with the dealer. The radio is unchanged. But mine is not the base model

You must be getting the "GTI w/ Sunroof". Apparently that combination gets you a RCD-510 which was the only head unit carried forward.

Boo1

Ready to race!
I was going to get a 2011 but just bought a 2010 because I'm picky about my options. I did not want NAV, but absolutely want bi-xenon. I also did not want the Denvers- they look great but 18's aren't a good idea on my roads, at least in the winter.

What I wanted: CSG 4dr 6MT, bi-xenon, sunroof, dynaudio, interlagos, Detroits.

Got everything except the Dynaudio. I can live with that.

Chryz707

bad busness

I think its bad business for VW to drop making 2010 in April.... I ordered a 2010 and it fell thru due to the production being cut in April 2010. I was told that I will get a 2011. Its frustrating to me as I have wanted the 2010... I am currently living in Belgium but need it with US Specs... What to do what to do?

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
So base on the official changes between 2010 and 2011. Which one would be better? Should people wait for buy the 2011? What's your take guys?

I just got off the phone with my VW dealer and he looked at the order guide and said if I wanted xenon headlights I had to get Nav and sunroof which I don't want. Also, the base GTI doesn't come with a leather wrapped wheel. It's plastic! What???

plat

Ready to race!
Also, the base GTI doesn't come with a leather wrapped wheel. It's plastic! What???

Interesting, the Canadian 2011 GTI base model has the leather steering wheel. I guess that's one of the several reasons (aside from the RCD310) that the GTI is priced lower in the US.