GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Differences from my 08 to 2010 GTI

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
I had both my 08 and 2010 GTI side by side today checking out some of the differences and I noticed that the 2010 no longer has the brushed aluminum GTI door sill strip. I also noticed that the wheel wells now have a rubber molding around the edges (not sure what purpose they serve). There is definetly a difference between the sound of the door closing and opening too. The 2010 is by far a much higher quality item.

hmmm.... I remember my 2007 sounding pretty solid when shut. I do notice much emphasis on sound reduction in the 2010. The wheel wells are covered in some fiberglass noise damping material. Looks pretty expensive.... totally cool.

The glass and windshield are just solid.... they seem twice as thick as the mk5

P

plac

I had both my 08 and 2010 GTI side by side today checking out some of the differences and I noticed that the 2010 no longer has the brushed aluminum GTI door sill strip. I also noticed that the wheel wells now have a rubber molding around the edges (not sure what purpose they serve). There is definetly a difference between the sound of the door closing and opening too. The 2010 is by far a much higher quality item.

i wish my 2010 DID have the sill strip. its gonna get all scuffed up! And i dont like aftermarket. I want an oem solution. This ones staying stock. My last 3 were fully modded.

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
I think I will be ordering the stock door sills that came on the 08's and 09's. I like the way it looks and blends in nicely with the rest of the brushed aluminum/metal in the car.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
my 08 rabbit sounded like the door was going to break when someone shut it. it sounded terrible. it was mainly with the window down. it just sounded cheap. my '10 sounds 100 times better.