GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Autobahn 4dr dsg

Gonnabuyavw

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and currently drive a 2008 scion tc. Ive decided to move on to another car and I am looking at the gti. I'm looking to lease the car. The vw dealer is offering me a $345/month lease with $4500 down on a 2013 4dr gti autobahn dsg w 10k mile/year. They are offering me $9500 for my trade in so I would be pocketing $5000...is this a good deal? They told me they were giving me the car at $500 under invoice...any help would be much appreciated.

A_Bowers

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and currently drive a 2008 scion tc. Ive decided to move on to another car and I am looking at the gti. I'm looking to lease the car. The vw dealer is offering me a $345/month lease with $4500 down on a 2013 4dr gti autobahn dsg w 10k mile/year. They are offering me $9500 for my trade in so I would be pocketing $5000...is this a good deal? They told me they were giving me the car at $500 under invoice...any help would be much appreciated.

Eh...if you can finance the car...that would be my suggestion. Leasing doesnt leave much room for play...

9500 for the trade is pretty good.

Dang...for 345 a month, you could be owning your car, rather than leasing.

SABOtage

Ready to race!
No, you might as well buy the car..and a low mileage lease? Not that great of a deal IMO

Side note: have you taken your car to carmax? Get it approved and see how much they would offer you there, you could potentially get more out of it. Carmax always pays the most.

RMR

Passed Driver's Ed

Get the 0% financing (assuming VW is still offering this until 10/31) and buy it. Free loan. Tell them $500 under invoice and buy it. You will be around $28k. Put the $4500 down and take 0% over 5 years.....you can still pocket the $5000. Payments will be around $385 per month but you will own the car and not be restricted to 10k/yr miles. You will have much more flexibility to keep or get rid of the car as you please. Leasing just leaves no room for flexibility if situations change. That lease at $345/month PLUS $4500 cash does not seem like at deal when there's 0% financing available. Plus.....(Assuming this is a 36 month lease) take your $4500 down and divide by 36. That comes out to be $125. Add that to $345 and in reality you are paying $470/month total to drive the car at most 833 miles/month.

Last edited:

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
No, you might as well buy the car..and a low mileage lease? Not that great of a deal IMO

Side note: have you taken your car to carmax? Get it approved and see how much they would offer you there, you could potentially get more out of it. Carmax always pays the most.

Your last sentence is most certainly not true.

Peezza

Ready to race!
Damn $335/mo....
Try take your car to other places for pricing. Those dealers, you never know.
My old G35, first dealer priced it $13500 and second dealer priced it $8000. Fortunately, I took picture of first dealer's bid price on piece of paper. I showed 2nd dealer the picture and you have no idea how his face looked like.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
You are getting shafted my friend...

((345*36)+4500)/36 = $470 for a 10k per year Autobahn???

Walk out of that place and never come back...

Rule 1: ALWAYS put zero down on the lease...
Rule 2: Ask them to see the money factor and depreciation % to do your own math. If they say no...walk out of there.
Rule 3: Read this for info http://www.ridewithg.com/

I pay $411 a month, 0 down except taxes title (which they covered 2k of because NY state tax is brutal), for a 2012 4 Door DSG, Nav, & Sun. at 15k per year. Go else where because 2 plus 2 doesn't equal 4 in the "deal" they are offering you.

Davis1

Try take your car to other places for pricing.

SABOtage

Ready to race!
Your last sentence is most certainly not true.

For the most part it is well known that Carmax does offer the most for your car, they sell used cars at a higher price than most places. Sold my last 2 GTIs at least 5% KBB value, wayy more than any VW dealer was offering me

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
For the most part it is well known that Carmax does offer the most for your car, they sell used cars at a higher price than most places. Sold my last 2 GTIs at least 5% KBB value, wayy more than any VW dealer was offering me

Doesn't make your last statement true. And in my experience, if you're serious about buying,every dealer has played ball when I say "alright I'll take it so long as you beat carmax quote by (enter reasonable amount)".

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Rule 2: Ask them to see the money factor and depreciation % to do your own math. If they say no...walk out of there.

I pay $411 a month, 0 down except taxes title (which they covered 2k of because NY state tax is brutal), for a 2012 4 Door DSG, Nav, & Sun. at 15k per year. Go else where because 2 plus 2 doesn't equal 4 in the "deal" they are offering you.
Exactly... thanks for breaking out the math. The OP has some weird idea of "pocketing" cash. :laugh:

The scion would locally sell for 11-12k if under 70k miles here... so 9500 is not great... but not bad.

That 3 year lease will end up costing 17k... so that assumes that the autobahn is worth 32k-17k 15k when 3 years old and with 30k miles... total rape indeed

SABOtage

Ready to race!
I don't know if you're dead set on only getting a lease, but look into CPOs if you get a chance. I bought my last 2 GTIs as CPOs under 5k miles and about a year old. Given that they are certified, they come with 2 extra years of warranty tacked on so you could potentially have more than the 3 year factory warranty. You get a newish car for a few thousand cheaper and more warranty and if you add your car as a down payment, you pay the tax for the difference. On the flip side, the interest is a little higher, but given the fact that I am only financing 7k, the interest was negligible for me.I know it's not something that might interest everyone, but it worked out well for me.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if you're dead set on only getting a lease, but look into CPOs if you get a chance. I bought my last 2 GTIs as CPOs under 5k miles and about a year old. Given that they are certified, they come with 2 extra years of warranty tacked on so you could potentially have more than the 3 year factory warranty. You get a newish car for a few thousand cheaper and more warranty and if you add your car as a down payment, you pay the tax for the difference. On the flip side, the interest is a little higher, but given the fact that I am only financing 7k, the interest was negligible for me.I know it's not something that might interest everyone, but it worked out well for me.

A lot of ppl don't realize that the CPO extends the factory B2B only.

The cars come with a much more valuable 5/60k powertrain warranty that doesn't get extended.

SABOtage

Ready to race!
A lot of ppl don't realize that the CPO extends the factory B2B only.

The cars come with a much more valuable 5/60k powertrain warranty that doesn't get extended.

The B2B is what's most important to me, the electronic nannies, plus I only keep the car for 5 years or until the CPO warranty runs out. The CPO saved me with my 07 GTI, 2 mech units:confused:

Engine/tranny is covered in the 2 years extended

tluley51

Passed Driver's Ed

Sounds to me like you got shafted as well...to me at least.
2011 CSG Autobahn 6 speed, I pay $360 a month to OWN. Over $400 for a lease? That seems rough...