GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Projector Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Lucky condensation is nothing we have shied away from. We provide information with links in the first post of this thread as well as purchase advisories letting end users know this may be an issue.

Depo includes paperwork inside the packaging advising on causes of condensation. Now we have gone back and forth with folks about whether condensation is normal or not and to each their own. Volkswagen is a lot more qualified than we may be here at OPDparts but Volkswagen themselves cannot prevent this issue and will not cover it under warranty because it is a natural occurrence. Climates play a large roll on this as well, the east coast suffers a lot more than the west coast does due to humidity. Volkswagen now includes a blurb within the owners manual describing condensation as normal. Theirs words not mine.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17020

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14422

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3627

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43149

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8171

Now the reason we advise on Silica packs is because we learned that Acura uses these in their OEM headlight assemblies. We didn't just make this up and so we gave it a try and have found really good success with this. For it to work though, you must dry your headlight unit completely. Absolutely dry and not a drip of water then apply the silica packs and others can confirm. Here is an Acura post about this: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/54522-headlight-condensation-fix.html

Now regarding the high beam issue, this is an issue. I agree 100% and we have offered from the beginning to take the lights in an repair them ourselves to make them right. I have even taken in second hand lights not purchased from us to help those in need or at least provide the info to correct the issue. Lucky we offered to repair your lights and we were declined, we try our best to help out.

Now you are bold faced lying.. You never offered to warranty or repair my headlights. Not once. If i was offered anything by you i wouldnt be writing this right now.. The condensation issue is a joke guys and you know it.. You kno I'm not talking about slight condensation like pic immediately above.. It's a constant fishbowl dripping raindrops condensation.. I have installed properly reinstalled, made sure everything correct everything sealed and still get it.. Nothing but problems since day 1.. Can't even adjust these things either.. Listen I have been quite patient and didn't want to give you guys bad publicity but it's kinda ridiculous how you guys know about all these problems but it's the buyers problem not the sellers. Paid almost $500 for these things and they are a constant headache.. how you guys continue to not honor any kind of warranty on these things and continue to sell them is beyond belief.. And as far as a repair for which I was never offered how would that work? I can't take headlights off my car and send them to you leaving my car unusable.. I'm just Beyond frustrated with these headlights.. Maybe other peoples are perfect and trouble free.. mine have been a joke since i installed them..

Last edited:

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Now you are bold faced lying.. You never offered to warranty or repair my headlights. Not once. If i was offered anything by you i wouldnt be writing this right now.. The condensation issue is a joke guys and you know it.. You kno I'm not talking about slight condensation like pic immediately above.. It's a constant fishbowl dripping raindrops condensation.. I have installed properly reinstalled, made sure everything correct everything sealed and still get it.. Nothing but problems since day 1.. Can't even adjust these things either.. Listen I have been quite patient and didn't want to give you guys bad publicity but it's kinda ridiculous how you guys know about all these problems but it's the buyers problem not the sellers. Paid almost $500 for these things and they are a constant headache.. how you guys continue to not honor any kind of warranty on these things and continue to sell them is beyond belief.. And as far as a repair for which I was never offered how would that work? I can't take headlights off my car and send them to you leaving my car unusable.. I'm just Beyond frustrated with these headlights.. Maybe other peoples are perfect and trouble free.. mine have been a joke since i installed them..

Maybe I confused you with someone else, I remember someone not wanting to ship back and forth but it wasn't you. I apologize, we emailed information to you on January 18th and didn't hear a response. We try to help as much as possible with what is within our means http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70832

I will put it out there for everyone to know, if there is an issue with the highbeam's sticking and you cannot resolve it with the directions we provide, we will help repair the issue in the event you need help.

Last edited:

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Maybe I confused you with someone else, I remember someone not wanting to ship back and forth but it wasn't you. I apologize, we emailed information to you on January 18th and didn't hear a response. We try to help as much as possible with what is within our means http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70832

I will put it out there for everyone to know, if there is an issue with the highbeam's sticking and you cannot resolve it with the directions we provide, we will help repair the issue in the event you need help.

Thank you for clarifying that up.. honestly what is my recourse here? i dont expect free lights but i would like something to try and fix these or replace at cost? IDK.. I just feel like i bought these im stuck with them.. but i really would like functioning headlights.. my highbeams are constantly getting stuck.. i hit a bump too hard and it happens.. hit one the other day and it went back to normal lowbeam cutoff.. the condensation is what is is.. i havent tried silica packs but i will if i have too.. just multiple issues and i'm at a point i really would like to fix them or scrap them..

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Thank you for clarifying that up.. honestly what is my recourse here? i dont expect free lights but i would like something to try and fix these or replace at cost? IDK.. I just feel like i bought these im stuck with them.. but i really would like functioning headlights.. my highbeams are constantly getting stuck.. i hit a bump too hard and it happens.. hit one the other day and it went back to normal lowbeam cutoff.. the condensation is what is is.. i havent tried silica packs but i will if i have too.. just multiple issues and i'm at a point i really would like to fix them or scrap them..

email us, our contact info is on the site. We will gladly repair to projectors and stop them from sticking. I personally do this myself by disassembling the projectors and adjusting them so it stops the issue.

It was an issue with the early models which has been resolved now.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Bump for these terrible headlights.

Nothing but a headache since day 1 too. I've sent them in multiple times for repairs but eventually stopped because paying shipping back and forth every time was ridiculous. I asked for a refund since they had never stayed in good working order since I've had them, but he doesn't do refunds.

The problems are known and serious yet the product is still being sold anyway... Has anyone ever bought one of these that did not break or malfunction?

callmegti

Go Kart Champion

Nothing but a headache since day 1 too. I've sent them in multiple times for repairs but eventually stopped because paying shipping back and forth every time was ridiculous. I asked for a refund since they had never stayed in good working order since I've had them, but he doesn't do refunds.

The problems are known and serious yet the product is still being sold anyway... Has anyone ever bought one of these that did not break or malfunction?

maybe you should take your refund and buy real headlights. :iono:

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
Any more info on the coding for getting the led's to wink wink when the indicators are on? Also I am in the uk with the auto switch. So with the switch in auto are the led's active? Currently I have the dual high beam/drl H15 bulb so theoretically I would need to code the drl as ........?

What do you mean exactly? Do you have halogens and are planning on getting these? or do you have them already?

There is an option in VCDS under 09 - Central Electronics, Long Coding Helper, and I think it is bit 3 under byte 15 - Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) Inactive with Turn Signals Active. You will need to ensure that your speedo is set to Rest of the World. This can be done under 17 - instruments and long coding helper.

If you anyone is in the Uk and are having lighting issues with aftermarket lights installed, let me know and I may be able to help :)

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!

Philimon,

We attempted to repair your lights once and when that failed we provided you a shipping label to return the lights and sent you a Brand New replacement set of headlights back in 2014. I still have the emails.

Like we stated earlier, we have supported the product if there was an issue which was with the original version.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Philimon,

We attempted to repair your lights once and when that failed we provided you a shipping label to return the lights and sent you a Brand New replacement set of headlights back in 2014. I still have the emails.

Like we stated earlier, we have supported the product if there was an issue which was with the original version.

I went back and saw the emails. You did provide a label apparently for the second return which I forgot. Sorry. It was 2 years ago.

I guess after that second set broke I said eff it because pulling the car apart every time for install/uninstall/troubleshoot wasn't worth it. After the second return I was just going to live with the issues. The headlights beam pattern to this day is still poorly aligned because the adjusters immediately broke again after install. Such a waste of time and money.

List of issues: beam adjusters break, high-beam flaps would get stuck to "ON", some sort of dashboard error then headlights would notturn on without engine restart, and condensation is just annoying but acceptable, also the chrome on the headlights look kinda bubbly n old. Maybe just my pair, perhaps they were baked for repairs causing damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.