GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

injector cleaning via tapping the fuel rail.

mic_detonator

Ready to race!
Hey there this write up is for anyone wishing to clean their injectors the way the manufacturer does.

First you must find one of these from Napa.

The next thing is the gauge and connector that i used. I borrowed this from a friend, however it can be purchased from napa also i believe.

Next i had to adapt the hose to use the hpfp nipple as the fuel port for our cleaning.

I simply took a schrader valve from a rim and cut to fit in the end of a peice of fuel hose.

Using a pair of visegrips i pinched off the original fuel hose to keep it from spilling/spraying all over. Started the car with the #27 fuse pulled and let the car die.

Then with everything attached i opened the valve and started the car. I keep cyclung from idle to about 2k to get the carbon to blow off the injectors.

After 20+ minutes the can was depleting and the car started to die. I then turned off the valve and let the pressure reduce/car stall.

Re-attach the fuel line and took a hot lap on the highway. Thing is running just as good as when i had the valves cleaned. ;)

Hope this helps with anyone having their EPC light flashing from the injectors needing cleaned.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mic_detonator

Ready to race!
ended up pulling the injectors as mine clearly failed. They were suprisingly still pretty dirty. I guess at 100k thats to be expected.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I's suggest running a bottle of Chevron Techron through at every oil change. I've used it for years & never had dirty injectors. It may help clean the piston tops to, but won't help the valves & their carbon in a DI engine. This GTI is my first DI engine so time will tell if it does help. I figure it can't hurt.