GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone had their exhaust tips get so dirty the spot literally doesn't come off? I bought the car used and I swore they were spray painted black, I've tried everything on them and they just stay a weird grey black color :(

Also, has anyone noticed the throttle response in D and Manual mode is different? Try cruising in D or M and don't move your foot but switch over, your RPM's drop in M and go up in D. Any reason for that?

I use this to clean my exhaust, works perfect every time. I don't do it often enough to keep up with the tips turning black lol.

In response to the D and M, say your car is in 3rd gear in M and you switch to D, does it change gears? Are you taking your foot off of the gas? There are a million variables as to why that's happening lol. A video would be more helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonymk6

Ready to race!

I use this to clean my exhaust, works perfect every time. I don't do it often enough to keep up with the tips turning black lol.

In response to the D and M, say your car is in 3rd gear in M and you switch to D, does it change gears? Are you taking your foot off of the gas? There are a million variables as to why that's happening lol. A video would be more helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta buy some of that and try it out. I think mine were stained too bad when I bought the car so it won't come out.

And I've only tried it in 6th gear while cruising on the highway. Foot stays exactly the same. But as soon as I put it in M the rpms drop a little and it shows on my boost gauge too. Flip back to D and it goes back to where it was.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I've searched a bit and can't find a DIY or parts list for gallardo brakes on our cars. I'm getting some lambo brakes for free and I'll have them rebuilt if needed, I want to run them. When I receive them, I'll find out which ones specifically they are. But for work we run 06-09 gallardos so I know they'll be from those years.

I'm posting here because I feel like I should have been able to find the threads but couldn't, not just here but even on the internet. Google images didn't bring me to any build threads.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I've searched a bit and can't find a DIY or parts list for gallardo brakes on our cars. I'm getting some lambo brakes for free and I'll have them rebuilt if needed, I want to run them. When I receive them, I'll find out which ones specifically they are. But for work we run 06-09 gallardos so I know they'll be from those years.

I'm posting here because I feel like I should have been able to find the threads but couldn't, not just here but even on the internet. Google images didn't bring me to any build threads.
Not sure if anyone has used same brakes but wouldn't it just boil down to their size and what fits in your wheels? Maybe you can provide some dimensions and wheel size and someone could give you some ideas?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Not sure if anyone has used same brakes but wouldn't it just boil down to their size and what fits in your wheels? Maybe you can provide some dimensions and wheel size and someone could give you some ideas?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I have lagunas, which I bet won't fit. I'll buy wheels that will specifically fit the brakes so I'm not worried about that. The focus is on getting the brakes mounted on the front properly first.

Shit even wheels spacers may work, but if more than 10-15mm needed, won't look good.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Woops used the wrong link ://www.akmotorsport.net/shop/all-parts/brakes/brake-brackets/brake-adapter-for-8-piston-calipers-and-ttrs-370mm-disc/

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Woops used the wrong link ://www.akmotorsport.net/shop/all-parts/brakes/brake-brackets/brake-adapter-for-8-piston-calipers-and-ttrs-370mm-disc/

Solid. Thanks! Those are on my short list of parts needed.

My goal is to get the parts together over time, not in any rush but I'd at least like a list of what to get before I do an install.

If anyone has a listing of parts or finds a DIY I'd love to have that to save for future.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Solid. Thanks! Those are on my short list of parts needed.

My goal is to get the parts together over time, not in any rush but I'd at least like a list of what to get before I do an install.

If anyone has a listing of parts or finds a DIY I'd love to have that to save for future.

I'd prod around on other forums to see if anyone has done/tried this if you see nothing on here about it. if not make sure you chronicle it!