GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't trust anything ECS put together honestly. I lost faith when they messed up my simple 1 left and 1 right mk6 GT mirror cap order. Twice!

Yeah it's hit and miss with them that's for sure. I ended up finding a set of Mk6 Golf R calipers on the private forum. The rest I'm piecing together. Just need rotors and pads. They don't always piece together the best parts on their kits. After I read a review on how Hawk HPS pads ate through his ECS geomet rotors I decided to pass on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Yeah it's hit and miss with them that's for sure. I ended up finding a set of Mk6 Golf R calipers on the private forum. The rest I'm piecing together. Just need rotors and pads. They don't always piece together the best parts on their kits. After I read a review on how Hawk HPS pads ate through his ECS geomet rotors I decided to pass on them.

I don't know what review you are referencing but I'd look at the ECS branded rotors, not the Hawk pads. Ive used Hawk pads for years without any issues. HPS, HP+, 5.0 etc all fine.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I don't know what review you are referencing but I'd look at the ECS branded rotors, not the Hawk pads. Ive used Hawk pads for years without any issues. HPS, HP+, 5.0 etc all fine.

Yes, nothing with the hawk pads, but the rotors themselves being too "soft" for more aggressive pads. I just got a killer deal for StopTech slotted rotors on AutoAnything. Just a little more than the ECS slotted geomets, but much better quality. I'm going with the HPS 5.0 pads all around as well. Golf R setup for the front and stock for the rears.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Street or track density? They'll break in some.

Billet mount and dogbone insert. Removed them both this morning and still vibrating like crazy with the stock setup. I'm assuming something shifted along the way. Having a shop take a look at it.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Billet mount and dogbone insert. Removed them both this morning and still vibrating like crazy with the stock setup. I'm assuming something shifted along the way. Having a shop take a look at it.

Hrrrmmm weird. Billet mounts are by far going to give you the most vibration. Personally I have the Street density mounts and the VWR subframe mount and vibrations are there but tolerable. The VWR has toned down some. Depending if it was a poly insert or not it could have damaged your subframe mount going in and out.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
With a buddy's assistance, swapped the coils and Bi-Xenons out and put the stock suspension and halogens back on the car in lieu of the buyback

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Made some progress on getting my TT rear uprights installed.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Swapped coils to red-tops "just cause all do it" and new set of PFR7S8EG plugs since the top cover came off :p

I know call my other-than-removed-snowtrap untouched ride ready to receive a Stratified Tuned AP...probably will throw in the E30 tune too, cause...what could go wrong?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yes, nothing with the hawk pads, but the rotors themselves being too "soft" for more aggressive pads. I just got a killer deal for StopTech slotted rotors on AutoAnything. Just a little more than the ECS slotted geomets, but much better quality. I'm going with the HPS 5.0 pads all around as well. Golf R setup for the front and stock for the rears.

Agreed. Just ordered Stoptech slotted rotors all around and stoptech performance pads all around from auto anything at 25% off for a total of $367 out the door with free shipping. Looking to install those and throw on my summer tires this weekend. And then order some SS lines and brake fluid after I check to see what kind of rear brake lines I have.

SJC

Ready to race!
Zimmerman rotors and Pads on rear.
Cleaning and adding air to summers.
Plan to install on the next sunny day.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. Just ordered Stoptech slotted rotors all around and stoptech performance pads all around from auto anything at 25% off for a total of $367 out the door with free shipping. Looking to install those and throw on my summer tires this weekend. And then order some SS lines and brake fluid after I check to see what kind of rear brake lines I have.

Very nice. I've heard good things about Tyrolsport Caliper bushings for the front. I have a set that I will have put on when I'm getting my brakes installed.

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
I finished the installation of my downpipe last week and got flashed with APR Stage 2 this morning.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Technically yesterday but I still did it [emoji41]