GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R vs MK6 suspension differences?

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I was going to post this in suspension but its more R specific, so if it needs to go there feel free to move.

Question, Can MK6 GTI suspension bits (ie: shocks, struts, springs, coilovers) be used on a Golf R?

I know weights will be slightly different with the 4motion vs the FWD GTI but is that enough to seriously compromise handling?

JP

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
if you're referring to aftermarket, it depends. My PSS10's swapped over w/out issue, but remember to replace the mounts and bearings.

I'm not sure if all coilovers will swap, but the websites should be able to tell you through product numbers.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I know they fit no issue from Mk5-Mk6 all of them should "fit". I understand the spring rates could or maybe should very as well as shock valving etc. I guess what I'm wondering is can I use springs or shocks from a GTI or maybe an R32 on my R without losing any capability or performance given the possible variances in spring rate and valving?

The reason that I'm asking is lots of companies sell items for the GTI but not the R even though we know they will fit.

JP