GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scariest car jack in history

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm new to this car and this forum, so hello! . I had to change my tire the other day thanks to NJ roads putting 2 nails in my tire.. what the hell is with the jack that came with these cars? It is by far the most sketchy jack I've ever seen. It doesn't even seem remotely safe to me. Do you guys trust it? Or did you pick up one?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
agreed....never used a jack that came with a car.........EVER.

I have a floor jack @ home and pray I make it home w/o needing to use the one in the car. I should toss it cause #weightsavings but i'll keep the killer in place just in case... and if I do have to use it once the flat comes off it goes under the car to be a safety net for me while i put the spare on.

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had to call my friend with a real jack to support it incase it slipped. The widow maker? That's not very confidence inspiring lol

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I thought this was going to be scariest car jack(ing) in history. Im so disappointed. Not that I want to see that happen to you or anyone on here but its interesting to see or read about

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol. Well let's hope that doesn't happen. Luckily for us the subaru seems to be one of the more stolen cars. Atleast from what I've heard around NJ and NY

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I had to use it once within the first month of buying this car and it was a scary experience. Everything turned out OK, but I was very nervous. Thankfully when I used it, I didn't have to get under the car, I just needed to put the spare on.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it's not so bad in a pinch but definitely wouldn't use it as my primary one. the slot fits the rail perfectly so as long as the ground is level you should be ok.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
Its all how you jack it, I practice jacking it every couple of weeks or so.. i would hate to not be able to perform when my Candy white girl needs pumped up.

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol. Even on level ground I found the scissor jack is dangerous. Flat tire use only, get a real jack at home.

jaja123

Ready to race!
Yea, avoid the car's jack... one time I used it the jack started to slip and ended up digging into the bodywork quite badly.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Yea that jack is just for quick flat tire fix. Any scissor jack is not safe to crawl under a car with. I don't see the one our cars came with more scary than any other scissor jack out there. Just be smart and don't get under your car with it. And if you have to for whatever reason pray to the car gods your ass crawls out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I guess I'm lucky haha, I used the scissor jack for 3-4 months before I eventually needed more height (I of course lowered it onto a jackstand after I raised it).