GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intro Post - 2014 GTI

bleaklogan

Hello fellow VW owners! I am very new to the world of VW. Just purchased a used 2014 GTI. I bought it with an aftermarket turbo, clutch & cold air intake. Also has an APR tune. Thing is wicked fast :) I am not used to the aftermarket mods on these cars. I have owned two Subaru before this car. Seems like tuning is different, but maybe that is just me.

I am getting it inspected by the crew here in Colorado @ Berg Automotive. Curious what actually "really" is done to the engine. I also want to have confidence that there actually is a tune on this car. I'm not risking that...

So hello to everybody on the forum and I look forward to chatting among the community!

Attachments

• GOLF.jpg
    GOLF.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 197

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the club! If you got a K04, you saved yourself thousands in mods going forward :thumbsup:

bleaklogan

So I ended up taking the car to Berg Automotive in Colorado and the general inspection came back with these results

-APR K04 turbo kit
- APR cast downpipe
- Neuspeed FMIC
- APR Carbonio Intake (Stage 1 & 2)
- Aftermarket clutch (unsure of brand)
- APR K04 software, 3bar map with test pipe. Tune order: Stock, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, Valet (91 is currently active)

I do have questions about the FMIC. So the tuner left a note stating that the stock intercooler was still in place. Can this be a problem or should I not even bother taking it off?

vizzlebizzle

Passed Driver's Ed
I do have questions about the FMIC. So the tuner left a note stating that the stock intercooler was still in place. Can this be a problem or should I not even bother taking it off?

you're fine. i have the same fmic. you can buy a little kit from neuspeed to delete the factory intercooler if you want. i believe they're little brackets that go between the ac condenser and radiator. otherwise, your stock one will be blocked off as piping is run to the neuspeed unit

Last edited: