GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(2nd hand) APR CAI+DP and Akra Catback

bernardryan

Ready to race!
Hi guys, am thinking of buying 2nd items from a person who installed them in his GTI at 20k km and now it's at 45k km.

APR CAI stage 1 and 2
APR downpipe 3 inch
Akrapovic Slip on catback

All have done 25k. Ignoring the price, cause stuff over my side of the world way more expensive, is it worth getting 2nd hand stuff at say 75% of the price of the stuff and what do I need to look at?
Is there a shelf life on downpipes/intakes or do they need maintenance?

First time modding .

AM currently on Apr stage 1 tune rev 1..havent gotten the time to get it updated to rev 2.0.

Anything I should look for? Just need advice from you guys.

Thanks.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
For down-pipe and intake not really a shelf life. The filter for the intake may need to be replaced/clean(if its cleanable).

Other then that you will need a downpipe install kit (just new gaskets and bolts) dont wanna re use your stuff for that. Other then that if there doesnt appear to be any damage and they look good then yes buy them. (I rarely buy used but i would if the price is right and i could see the items in person before hand, thats just me personally though)

bernardryan

Ready to race!
I also rarely buy used.. But let me give you an idea about the pricing of the stuff...

APR CAI stage 1 and 2 new are going for 3.8k and now used for 1.7k

APR downpipe new for 6k
Akra slip on for 8k
Now both for 7.5k

I have another option, getting new milltek turbo back for 7.5k which includes everything from downpipe to catback...

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I also rarely buy used.. But let me give you an idea about the pricing of the stuff...

APR downpipe new for 6k
Akra slip on for 8k
Now both for 7.5k

I have another option, getting new milltek turbo back for 7.5k which includes everything from downpipe to catback...

What currency is this if you don't mind me asking?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

APR downpipe new for 6k
Akra slip on for 8k
Now both for 7.5k

Id buy the miltek turbo back. And then source a intake somewhere else