GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone ever go from a gti to a golf?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry I beg to differ, but take it from some with a 2.0.TSI with a failed chain tensioner, itneeds to be addressed ASAP.

markus037

Ready to race!
i was thinking about this today on my way to work. i might just do the timing chain tensioner myself if i decide to keep it past warranty. I work on cars for a living so its not like im not capable of doing it. I just would rather someone else do it lol. hopefully VW issues a recall on this so i wont have to. Im thinking about cleaning my intake valves at 50k since i get a little bit of a rough idle upon cold start up and im sure its never been done.

cobie56

Ready to race!
i was thinking about this today on my way to work. i might just do the timing chain tensioner myself if i decide to keep it past warranty. I work on cars for a living so its not like im not capable of doing it. I just would rather someone else do it lol. hopefully VW issues a recall on this so i wont have to. Im thinking about cleaning my intake valves at 50k since i get a little bit of a rough idle upon cold start up and im sure its never been done.

Is there a recommended, not by vw, mileage for replacing the tensioner belt?