GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
wow, yeah guy shouldve let you by so much earlier. Im sure he figured his ponies would ride him off into the distance on the straights. good kill 10/10

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Some updates...

New outer rings for the front rotors, new carbotech xp12 pads for the front, and removed the cat from my exhaust. The pads were shot as well as the rotors. I'm quite surprised they lasted as long as they did.

Went to the track yesterday (autobahn in joliet). Interesting experience, I think I upset the bias on my rear brakes going with a more aggressive pad in front. I changed to xp12 instead of xp10 and got kinda squirrely on some of the turns when I was trail braking, never had an issue with the xp10 but good lord does the car stop now.

Also I guess I was putting a little too much g forces because the bracket for my meth tank completely busted and sent my tank flying across my trunk during the last session of the day. Had to zip tie rig it up for the time being until I can fab up a better bracket.

jay745

Welp. It's been a really good season but I think the car decided it's done for this year. My brakes need to be re built badly, bad enough that I don't want to do another track day on them until that happens. Instead of rushing to get it all done in the next coming weeks before it gets too cold I decided to just end on a high note and build the car back up over winter and go at it next year again.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Welp. It's been a really good season but I think the car decided it's done for this year. My brakes need to be re built badly, bad enough that I don't want to do another track day on them until that happens. Instead of rushing to get it all done in the next coming weeks before it gets too cold I decided to just end on a high note and build the car back up over winter and go at it next year again.

How could you tell they needed to be rebuilt? #n00bquestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i've been kind of considering going catless. Can you hear the turbo more through the exhaust? Those are the questions that matter ;)

install all those mounts yet?

jay745

How could you tell they needed to be rebuilt? #n00bquestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are leaving some abnormal deposits on the brand new rotors which leads me to think the pistons are sticking a bit. That and the dust boots are all torn up.

i've been kind of considering going catless. Can you hear the turbo more through the exhaust? Those are the questions that matter ;)

install all those mounts yet?
slightly. It's not significant though. Have not installed anything yet. Just waiting on some more parts and hardware to do it all at once.