GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How hard do you drive your 2.5L?

How is everyone doing with their golfs so far? Do you think this engine was meant to be pushed to the limits? Could it handle the beating in the long run? I drive my golf very hard time to time. What about you?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Its the most reliable engine VW makes... push it all you want :D

jaja123

Ready to race!
yes your fine. Its a simple and solid little engine. This engine also has a low rev soft limiter(6200). Just remember to let it warm up to normal operating temp before getting on it. I hammer it several times a week. Last night I drove through some very twisty bends with my friends 09 wrx and trailed him very well surprisingly.

Goobax

Ready to race!
I don't push my car at all, it's a golf not a GTI. I knew that it was a slug when I bought it and there is no sense "hot rodding" the car either. In 2 years I don't think it's ever been over 80mph

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Now that I have DG springs I have been cornering much faster. I usually don't floor it very often though.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
I beat the hell out of mine. :laugh:

Seriously though, I floor it when it gets warm and I feel like going fast! :bellyroll:

If your worried about your car so much that you dont floor it, then you should have bought a slower/cheaper car. :iono:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I drive my car like any enthusiast: hard when I am in the mood, which is often, and conservative when I feel like putzing around. Usually rev to around 2500 RPMs, but lately up to 3500 since I got the Carbonio installed. On and off ramps I still attack as often as possible (not much in the way of elevation change here in FL where I live), and take my car on the backroads as often as I can to have fun with my car.

As stated before, the engine can handle it and is fine for these things. The clutch and tranny is the things you really need to worry about and keep an eye on. :thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well that's debatable with the 2slow found in the base Jetta :lol:

That shouldn't even be considered an engine suitable for a car. :laugh:

lol... i take corners going 60-70 mph and no body roll with coils. I might get a front sway bar. Tires improve the handling so much, i suggest for those who have all seasons still to buy ultra performance tires. Sticks to the ground. anyone planning to go stage 3+ c2 in the future? Then, this car will be faster than a stage 3 gti :w00t: