GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
it was my 2008.. the one i thought might have had a K04 in it on stock programming.

Can't wait to cruise 70mph on the freeway.. just lay into it, and start spinning. gonna be sweet.

Oh...my bad. Same deal though :)

Yeah 70mph will be tough for you because the car just begs to be floored at that point. Even in 5th you'll get an awesome pull. Around here, I cant keep it below 75.

Try a 30-40 roll in 3rd or 4th for your first WOT run.........that'll get you hooked so hard you wont want to take this mod off :)

Plus, you always mention you like to turbo spooling sound. You're definitely in for a treat. I cant hear my intake on the drivers side of the engine bay. I really only hear the turbo on the passengers side.

P

plac

Oh...my bad. Same deal though :)

Yeah 70mph will be tough for you because the car just begs to be floored at that point. Even in 5th you'll get an awesome pull. Around here, I cant keep it below 75.

Try a 30-40 roll in 3rd or 4th for your first WOT run.........that'll get you hooked so hard you wont want to take this mod off :)

Plus, you always mention you like to turbo spooling sound. You're definitely in for a treat. I cant hear my intake on the drivers side of the engine bay. I really only hear the turbo on the passengers side.

oh ya... i feel a loud intake coming on soon, with all the added power.. cuz if i can't hear it i wont care about the added noise.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
funny video of a K04 GTI beating a 20G turbo STI. (GTI 100 octane...)

^that's damn impressive, but the 100oct helps - 20G's were sweet turbos on the STI's, I almost did one on my '04.

i guess stage 3 is the "special" one that barely anyone can or will afford. K04 is the new stage 2.

Stage 3 is overkill on the FWD GTI, imho.

oh ya... i feel a loud intake coming on soon, with all the added power.. cuz if i can't hear it i wont care about the added noise.

haha^ I'll wait to see how this all pans out ;)

P

plac

hope i can hear that K04 just like i could hear my WRX turbo. nice and loud.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
hope i can hear that K04 just like i could hear my WRX turbo. nice and loud.

Its certainly nice and loud...but I cannot compare to which degree. Its definitely louder than the IHI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BIG K04 BONER IS BIG. AND LONG LASTIN'.

ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME.

cuz too many people can afford it. its not special to have it, a ton of people around here have it.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Here you go:

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Shwing!

Looking at getting K04 next APR sale if the wife doesnt veto me. Got all the supporting mods, except maybe for some mounts once we see how bad the hop is.

Been saving up, might splurge on some Michelins too.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Shwing!

Looking at getting K04 next APR sale if the wife doesnt veto me. Got all the supporting mods, except maybe for some mounts once we see how bad the hop is.

Been saving up, might splurge on some Michelins too.

For the record, I have BFI Engine and Trans mounts with ECS Pendulum insert and Hankook V12s and I have zero......I'm talking ZERO wheel hop.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Cross Posting from John's A3 thread:

People of MK6, in all seriousness this is probably one of the BEST OEM mods you can do for your vehicle. As John has pointed out in this thread, EVEN with the stock DP tune, you're still looking at some bitchin power. Its smooth. Its nasty. Its a beast. All packaged so well at such a great price, that I feel EVERYONE needs to experience K04. Its like the TSI engine was made for this. It was MADE to give people raging K04 boners. And just think........you're GTI/A3 can now run 12s :) AND its an OEM turbo. AND it couples well with the DSG. AND its actually a reliable modification. AND its a very simple DIY. AND you get good gas mileage (if you stay out of it). AND its sounds soooooo sweet.

Not that its a good thing, but my car actually makes people sick in the passenger's seat because of the pull. My wife, my best friend, a few of my colleagues have all said they've gotten queezy from the low RPM 3rd/4th gear pull :)

Tremazing

Passed Driver's Ed
I already cant wait for APR's next sale, and reading that made me want the K04 powah even more! :D I just heard a thump sound from my boner hitting the underside of my desk!

Last edited: