GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #253
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
What's up everyone?

My wife just accepted a new job in Baltimore so it looks like we're probably going to be moving down there. We were in the city for a few days last week and it was pretty cool, saw lots of VWs around. Hopefully the VW scene is better there then in Pittsburgh.

I just did a quick search online and looks like inspection and emissions requirements are similar to ours in PA. I have a 300 cell cat and have passed here so hopefully I won't have any issues down there.

I don't want to derail this thread so if anyone has a spare moment and is willing to offer some friendly advice, would you mind hitting me up with a PM with some areas to check out for housing (200-300k), or maybe better yet places to avoid, etc? We will be looking outside the city. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the next few months.
APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:38 PM   #254
GunMetalGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 DSG 2 Door GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
What's up everyone?

My wife just accepted a new job in Baltimore so it looks like we're probably going to be moving down there. We were in the city for a few days last week and it was pretty cool, saw lots of VWs around. Hopefully the VW scene is better there then in Pittsburgh.

I just did a quick search online and looks like inspection and emissions requirements are similar to ours in PA. I have a 300 cell cat and have passed here so hopefully I won't have any issues down there.

I don't want to derail this thread so if anyone has a spare moment and is willing to offer some friendly advice, would you mind hitting me up with a PM with some areas to check out for housing (200-300k), or maybe better yet places to avoid, etc? We will be looking outside the city. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the next few months.
Welcome to MD and the forum. 300 cell cat is fine. I pass with no cat but I think even 200 cell is fine without spacers if you are lucky.

My girlfriend actually sells real estate full time for Keller Williams all over MD so if you want any help I can direct you to her.
Baltimore, MD Dubbers drop me a line.
Meets are 8pm Wed., Parkville Dunkin Donuts
GunMetalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #255
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGTI View Post
Welcome to MD and the forum. 300 cell cat is fine. I pass with no cat but I think even 200 cell is fine without spacers if you are lucky.

My girlfriend actually sells real estate full time for Keller Williams all over MD so if you want any help I can direct you to her.
Thanks man! Will let you know if we'll need your girlfriends assistance.
APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
Old 07-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #256
urbanevil
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 6 spd
New to these forums (3 weeks or so!), Just bought my 2013 GTI about the same amount of time ago! Just found this sub-forum and thread. So far my mods are in my sig (Have'nt had the car for a month yet lol), me and the wife have a house out by Westminster, but i work in the Lansdowne area, and usually try to swing by Hunt Valley horsepower most Saturdays if im not doing something else! Just wanted to drop in say hi, and hopefully meet up soon!

Cheers,

Matt
2013 GTI 6spd - CTS k04, Unitronic Intake, Unitronic Turbo Back Exhaust , 42 Draft Designs Boost Tap, GFB DV+, SouthBend Stg 2 Daily,ARM FMIC, Golf R Conversion Front Bumper w/ LEDS, CTS Short Shift Kit, CTS K04 TOP Pipe, CTS Throttle Pipe,Solowerks S1 Coilovers, NewSouth OEM Vent Pod, Podi mechanical Boost Gauge, R8 Coils, NGK Iridium plugs, Eonon GA6153F
urbanevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #257
eppy
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 11 GTI, 01 RSV4, 04 GXR750, F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanevil View Post
New to these forums (3 weeks or so!), Just bought my 2013 GTI about the same amount of time ago! Just found this sub-forum and thread. So far my mods are in my sig (Have'nt had the car for a month yet lol), me and the wife have a house out by Westminster, but i work in the Lansdowne area, and usually try to swing by Hunt Valley horsepower most Saturdays if im not doing something else! Just wanted to drop in say hi, and hopefully meet up soon!

Cheers,

Matt
I'm in Westminster and also frequent H.V.H.P. but most times I'm on a motorcycle.

Keep your eyes open for me around town!
eppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #258
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Driver

Hey guys, so I just officially moved here a few weeks ago and now I'm looking to get my registration and such changed. Apparently I need a safety inspection done prior to doing so. I'm in the Edgewood area, any shops that anyone can recommend to have this done? Cars pretty modified, hopefully won't have any issues. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:40 AM   #259
ATR
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Quote:
Hey guys, so I just officially moved here a few weeks ago and now I'm looking to get my registration and such changed. Apparently I need a safety inspection done prior to doing so. I'm in the Edgewood area, any shops that anyone can recommend to have this done? Cars pretty modified, hopefully won't have any issues. Thanks!
See if ngp does inspections. They aren't that far from you.

http://www.ngpracing.com/home/?page_id=135
Old 09-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #260
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
See if ngp does inspections. They aren't that far from you.

http://www.ngpracing.com/home/?page_id=135
Awesome man, will do. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #261
ATR
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Quote:
Awesome man, will do. Thanks!
No problem
Old 09-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #262
urbanevil
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppy View Post
I'm in Westminster and also frequent H.V.H.P. but most times I'm on a motorcycle.

Keep your eyes open for me around town!
Be up there Saturday, but in the wife's monster truck! Got a clutch install on Saturday, so I'm babying it around! Forgot about this subforum lol.
2013 GTI 6spd - CTS k04, Unitronic Intake, Unitronic Turbo Back Exhaust , 42 Draft Designs Boost Tap, GFB DV+, SouthBend Stg 2 Daily,ARM FMIC, Golf R Conversion Front Bumper w/ LEDS, CTS Short Shift Kit, CTS K04 TOP Pipe, CTS Throttle Pipe,Solowerks S1 Coilovers, NewSouth OEM Vent Pod, Podi mechanical Boost Gauge, R8 Coils, NGK Iridium plugs, Eonon GA6153F
Old 09-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #263
urbanevil
Rally Car Champion

This is me! (Until I get some new wheels ughh).
Old 08-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #264
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Driver

Any locals heading up to VAG Fair 2017 in York, PA this weekend?

http://www.vagfair.com/york/

I might head up Saturday.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #265
TwentyTwelve
Ready to race!

Drives: PP mk7
Quote:
Any locals heading up to VAG Fair 2017 in York, PA this weekend?

http://www.vagfair.com/york/

I might head up Saturday.
I live up that way so i might stop by, if anyone is looking i have a bunch of good stuff for sale that i could bring up.

EVERYTHING is complete with proper harnesses and modules unless otherwise stated

BNIB OEM RNS-510 version K w/BT and foam (Purchased from Peter@extremenetwork)

BNIB OEM Rear camera (purchased from Peter@extremenetwork) $530 shipped

BNIB OEM Power folding mirror skeletons (purchased from peter@extremenetwork)

BNIB OEM Auto dimming mirror with rain sensor and auto headlight switch (black)

BNIB (2) Two OEM under seat storage trays (driver/passenger set) (black) $250 shipped

BNIP (2) Two LED door warning lights (I have a full set for 4dr and 2DR) (Boldsport)

BNIP OEM first aid kit $20 shipped

BNIP OEM chrome window siwtches (driver/passenger)

BNIP Set of rear footwell LED's (Boldsport)

BN VVME 35w hid ballasts for fogs name your price!

Used OEM 18" Serron wheelset w/ good Conti extreme contact's

Used OEM tinted euro taillights w/ fog $550 shipped

Used OEM golfball shift knob

Used OEM sport pedal set (manual)

Used OEM parcel tray (minor crack near back corner)

Tags
baltimore, gtg, maryland, meet, official