GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-26-2017, 02:24 AM   #29
iGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: A car with round vents

S3 16'
STG 1+ Sold
iGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #30
OEMPL+S
Ready to race!

Drives: 11' A3 T Quattro ScubaBlue
Get someone to read your ecu .... With a OBD scanner .... The ecu should have logged what happened .... Just that's what I've heard of people doing before when there engine kicks the bucket for no reason.

All cbfa engines should fit your cbfa engine vehicle ..... I may be wrong

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
OEMPL+S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #31
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
Quote:
so I was on my phone distracted
Now I understand.......
1ashchuckton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #32
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Does any one knows of a video on how to remove engine from 2010 gti? And what would be the best cheapest diagnostic code reader For vw ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josueleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #33
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPhoenix View Post
A modern engine toasted after only 4 seconds of redlining it? Did it have no oil? I feel like there must be another issue.

It sound weird and odd but it happens.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #34
OEMPL+S
Ready to race!

Drives: 11' A3 T Quattro ScubaBlue
For a code reader: OBD eleven .... And buy the app as well .... Or just get it scanned at a pro shop

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
OEMPL+S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #35
josueleon89
Drag Racing Champion

Drives:
[quote=OEMPL+S;2542542]For a code reader: OBD eleven .... And buy the app as well .... Or just get it scanned at a pro shop

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Not just for codes reader, I need one that will diagnose any problem with my car.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:33 AM   #36
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Just get Vagcom.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #37
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
I would highly recommend having a professional do this repair. As far as video DIYs on how to remove a Golf R engine, I think you're out of luck, although self explanatory. You'll need to support the engine from underneath with either a hoist or jack, properly cap off or drain coolant and oil feeds and remove from block. Unbolt transmission case and internals from the block, then do mounts last. Obviously it's way more complicated than this brief description, and requires a good idea of how everything works and where everything is placed. To do this in my own personal garage would probably take a week(s) just to get the thing out of there. A shop would have it out in a day or two.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #38
thatspsychotic
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by josueleon89 View Post
The engine had oil, always check it every month.
Being as little as 1 quart low caused my low oil emergency warning to beep at me during hard turns in an autocross run. I wouldn't rule out high-RPM oil starvation if you were going around a corner on an offramp. If that's the case the motor is toast.

Quote:
I went all thru the red line for about 3 to 7 seconds.
First, do you mean all the way through redline as in showing 8k RPM? How did you keep your foot on the gas for that long without noticing?

Quote:
And after that, the engine cut off. My engine it's stock. I have not touched the rev limiter.
If you haven't touched the rev limiter, it should never exceed 6800 or 7100 RPM depending on the factory rev limiter. If you saw something beyond that, the only way it could get there is if you money-shifted into too low of a gear and just haven't told us that yet.

Quote:
See if my car was just sitting at the house iddiling and I would floor it by mistake it will only go to probably 3500 rpms or so. It will not go all the way to the red line. But if I was on the highway and set it on neutral and floor it it would of go all the way to the red line
That's the factory ECU doing its job. No rev limiter will prevent the revs from going to the moon if you downshift into an inappropriately low gear. Honestly, that's the only thing that would make any sense at all here, but you haven't volunteered that story yet.

Future: ST Coilovers | Tyrolsport Deadset | H&R 26/22mm Swaybars | MOOG End Links
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote