GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Code P0444 Purge Valve Open Circuit

chaser6259

Ready to race!
Has anyone had this code or know what to replace?

And no dice.

A couple days ago my car was at a stop light and it just died and the battery light flashed but it turned on fine and hasnt happened since except now that code is on. p0444 Purge Valve Open Circuit

I replaced the purge valve with this part...

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Engine/Emissions/ES2644257/

and the code is still there

Im scared now it has something to do with my ECU, APR did the job and hoping they can chime in and help.

Suggestions?

mackp12

Update for those searching for this code: it is your ecu and will need to be replaced.

Hey man, I have code P0444 as well and I'm not getting response from ECU and my local shop is recommending to replace ECU which is exactly what your suggesting too. Can you please check your messages as I have a few questions?

Thanks

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Update for those searching for this code: it is your ecu and will need to be replaced.

Just curious, how long were you tuned before you got the code?

pashley

Ready to race!

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

chaser6259

Ready to race!
Sorry for that late response. I traded in my car so i don't visit anymore often. I was tuned for over 45k miles before this happened which is crazy but I also drove through a huge puddle of water due to the rain and fear it got into the ECU causing it to short and throwing that code. I'm not 100% sure but that's the only thing that makes sense due to being tuned for so long without issue.