GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic vs S3 Intercooler for mk6 GTI

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
But once the Neuspeed is in place wouldn't you want to remove the stock intercooler since its not doing anything in there?

You don't need to. When I went to the Neuspeed headquarters, an employee of theirs whom I highly respect said it wasn't necessary whatsoever.

You can do the delete kit which will also turn into an extra two hours of labor.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
hmm so the Neuspeed is easier to install, less expensive on moddedeuros and allows for quicker temp drops than the Unitronic one. is there any downside to the Neuspeed when compared to the Uni?

Jaber

Modero
hmm so the Neuspeed is easier to install, less expensive on moddedeuros and allows for quicker temp drops than the Unitronic one. is there any downside to the Neuspeed when compared to the Uni?

My only complaint with Neuspeed is the pretty small bead roll, compared to others.

Jaber

Modero
what would a smaller bead roll do compared to the others?

Reduces the chances of boost leak/hose popping off. Interesting read.

http://www.amsperformance.com/attachments/article/72/Worm_Gear_Clamp.pdf

My driver side IC hose popped off the IC, day after install. Thought I cranked the t-bolts pretty good, but didn't want to keep going and cause damaged. Replaced it with a worm gear clamp. Passenger side still has the t-bolt, hopefully doesn't give me issues.

You're also supposed to check all clamps, 3-4 weeks after install. So you have to remove the belly pans and front bumper again.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Very interesting read, its a good thing I have a ton of Worm clamps in my garage haha and If the supplied clamps are too then then I can throw on some beefier ones for a more secure fit. Thanks for the read Jaber, didn't know that.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
I Bought a used forge twintercooler and I'm stage 2 with DSG it lags and hesitates from 1st>3rd. Kinda pisses me off...is this normal? I'm assuming more distance for the air to travel makes it do that....[emoji17]

Jaber

Modero
I Bought a used forge twintercooler and I'm stage 2 with DSG it lags and hesitates from 1st>3rd. Kinda pisses me off...is this normal? I'm assuming more distance for the air to travel makes it do that....[emoji17]

Think that's a common complaint with that intercooler. Try doing a bit of searching about that IC.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Winoman

Ready to race!
I've got the S3 intercooler with an APR stage 3 setup and I really have no complaints. Sure I can feel the effects of high heat - but really now - the car still goes like crazy. I would never call it sluggish in any circumstance. I'm sure one can do better - but I'm quite satisfied with the performance of the S3 intercooler on my car. I've pushed it quite a bit recently on long trips under high heat conditions - even loaded down with passengers & gear - and I was still balls to the wall with repeated passing on 2 lane roads - kicking out with authority. Maybe a dyno would show some loss of power - and I do feel that its down just a bit from runs on cooler days - but I'm not considering upgrading - no need IMO.