GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Stage 1 vs Stock Mk7

gtiw7

Ready to race!
i didnt comment cause i didnt want to believe a stage 2 gti vs a stock mk7 with a passenger would be that close. I doubt a stock mk7 would hang that close to a gti stage 2 mk6 but who knows, only time will tell as they are released. i think it was a bad driver in the mk6. post a video of an mk7 vs a ms3 now thats a race id like to see stock vs stock

lol trust me not a bad driver... I know this because its my vid ;) you can say a bad tune (ABT) but certainly not a bad driver; at least not in a DSG car!

anyways enough speculating guys :yikes: a friend of mine just got a mk6...
will make a video stock vs stock then he'll tune it (APR) and we'll do another video :)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
lol trust me not a bad driver... I know this because its my vid ;) you can say a bad tune (ABT) but certainly not a bad driver; at least not in a DSG car!

anyways enough speculating guys :yikes: a friend of mine just got a mk6...
will make a video stock vs stock then he'll tune it (APR) and we'll do another video :)

:thumbup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
This is a euro spec mk7 manuel with the performance pack. Car and Driver's numbers are pretty impressive. It's also on summer tires.

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4

I don't see anything that great here...

0–30 MPH 2.2 sec 2.4 sec
0–60 MPH 5.7 sec 5.6 sec
0–100 MPH 14.7 sec 14.2 sec
0–110 MPH 17.8 sec 17.4 sec
¼-Mile @ MPH 14.4 sec @ 99 14.2 sec @ 100

These cars are pretty darn close together, and a decent driver would make all the difference than any measurable performance difference between the two. Aside from that the ST... is getting to be aged.... it was based on an older focus, and VW has a new architecture in place already..

I hope ford upgrades their aging focus line up soon. They have been doing great things lately.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Without Valve Lift, MPI, Rotary Slide Coolant, the North American 3rd Gen EA888 Series engine will be nothing more than a 2nd Gen TSI with a 5-10hp bump.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Without Valve Lift, MPI, Rotary Slide Coolant, the North American 3rd Gen EA888 Series engine will be nothing more than a 2nd Gen TSI with a 5-10hp bump.

I am almost tempted to say that is better.... because more tech=more problems and VW already has more than enough. :laugh:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I am almost tempted to say that is better.... because more tech=more problems and VW already has more than enough. :laugh:

Agreed however, that just leaves the door open for people to pass right by them. A great interior can only get you so far.

For a NEW engine platform, you cant just stick with the ALMOST exact same engine as the predecessor.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Agreed however, that just leaves the door open for people to pass right by them. A great interior can only get you so far.

For a NEW engine platform, you cant just stick with the ALMOST exact same engine as the predecessor.

True... time will tell. VW tends to do weird shit... look at the Jetta refresh.

They put in a 2.0 with 120hp from what... 1995? in a car that is sold TODAY.

Also they downgraded to torsion beam only to go back up to IRS 2 model years later... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be overly shocked if we first get that Mexispecial 210 EA888 and then a year or two down the line the full 220hp /250 tq one.

But one thing to keep in mind, I'd love to see the NEW NEW engine on a dyno, because the last one is actually 240/240 given how VW under-rated it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
240? Nooooooooo

They were dynoing around 215-220. Not nearly that high. That's why people were so upset on these forums so long ago when their stage 1 tune didn't give them much. VW just simply underrated the engine.

The 3rd Ggen EA888 without all the goods will not be rated at that 230hp level. Thats for Euro only right now :(

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I still think it'll be a fun car with the performance pack...however....they need to do something about releasing it upon initial launch