GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 MK6 vs. 2009 Civic Si (FA5)

Stg2Mk6

I raced 3 Si's I'm stage 2 and I beat them. Just go stage 1+ to secure your victory it's only 50$ more I think.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I posted another thread on a S/C RSX my dad has. With your buddies current mods and you going stage 1 it won't be very close if he only pulled a half car. When my dad had full bolt-ons (non-S/C setup) including kpro he was pretty close to my stage 2 car. The power bands of each car are very different which make for an interesting race. Also, Vit does a really good job. He's tuning my dad's current setup and my buddies 9th gen Si.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!

The header is where the real power is to be made with the k20s. Intake and catback will provide minimal gains but
the header pulls it all together. And VitViper is one of the best tuners in the Honda game. That definitely had something to do with it.

I/H/E + tune will yield anywhere from 30-40whp on the k20. That is more than enough to keep up with a stage 2 GTI and even beat one

False. When I was i/h/e tuned (by vitviper btw) I easily beat stage 1 GTIs. I only ran a stage 2 GTI one time and we were literally neck and neck from 40 to about 120.

It's all about quality parts and tune. 3.5" intake, catless race header, 3" catback, flashpro tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, and the car will be competitive with stage 2 GTIs... likely a driver's race.

With shitty parts and a shitty tune a bolt on si will have trouble running away from a stock GTI.

False.

If $600 in is spending limit, then I agree. But I have no idea why it would be. Also, that's not factoring in that the GTI costs at least $1500 more to start.

Actually true. As someone who's been working on a DC5 since 2002 you're going to spend more money to set up a k20 right. I just recently posted on here about my dad's S/C RSX vs. my FBO APR tuned K04 GTI. He recently dropped a little over 7k to bring his car from full bolt-ons to where it's at now. It's not cheap whether you go turbo or S/C, we looked at both extensively. My mods were definitely cheaper. Pics for reference on the build. Otherwise, from first-hand experience I would agree with a lot of what you said. Taking a car that isn't set up to be boosted typically is not going to be a cheaper project compared to a car that is already built for it. I just got done building one and we spared no expense. For my GTI it was cake party shit, especially with the APR K04 kit. I didn't have to change all the little things, such as a wide band 02 sensor, or have to spend hours running new plumbing, wiring shit, and making things fit. Other than a mild difference in exhaust note you would think my car was stock until I get on it... some random mustang owner just realized this on my commute home ;)

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Last edited: