GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uni stage 1+ vs celica gts

JBinmkvi400

My friend has a stock celica gt-s vs my stock mkvi gti, from 0 I immediately pulled away hard. From higher rolls, 50, 60 mph, it's harder to pull away but still do. High revving na engines have great top end.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My friend has a stock celica gt-s vs my stock mkvi gti, from 0 I immediately pulled away hard. From higher rolls, 50, 60 mph, it's harder to pull away but still do. High revving na engines have great top end.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Great top end but still not enough. Raced my buddies K24 Si that had full exhaust, intake, and tune and he couldnt catch me... i kept pulling from him up until 110 then he was JUST beginning to reel me in but then i stopped cause 110 is fast enough. Would have taken him to about 130-40-50 to catch up to me

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I had a celica 2001 GT-S Turbo as my first car, it was a blast the VVTL-i is like V-tec for Hondas on Celica's however, much greater powerband, the car was a rev monster...(see my sig line)...most toyota motors have VVT-i technology but the Celica GT-S has what is called "Lift" hence the "L" they are dogs off the line like most honda's but shifting and staying in the powerband makes these cars shine (For what they are)

I know my Celica GT-S pre turbo would probably butt hurt a few stage 1 drivers with a good driver behind the celica, however, i dont think it would edge it out by any stretch

Respect for the VVTL engines.

A stage 1 gti is a little quicker than late model impala SS's and on par with 350Z's (DE motor) and last gen WRX. Having worked on a '02 rsx for the past 13 years and just recently bringing it from FBO and tune to a complete build that's S/C and aftercooled running 10psi... It takes a lot to make a N/A 4cyl trap speeds similar to a stage 1 gti. Granted the RSX in its final form is made to hang with my K04 car and knock down the American muscle. Unless you're a good driver and the other guy is complete shit, you have infinite road to utilize the top end, or are unconventional and street race at starting speeds around 80-90mph it would be tough. Not impossible, but probably expensive(ish) if you want the car to last since itll really have to wind out to be that quick.

from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I'm not sure we're thinking of the same thing when you say "stage 1 gti"

An ECU reflash. Pretty standard nomenclature. And yes a stage 1 gti is right there with the cars I mentioned, that's not really anything new man or hard to believe. It has a turbo and was intentionally "detuned" so it didn't compete with the R. That means potential. I own a K04 MK6 GTI and at one point it was only a stage 1 car. What is a stage 1 GTI to you?

Your celica was very similar to a RSX, it weighed less and also made less power. Essentially the previous gen integra. Very comparable and not fast stock. The engine in all are limited in power potential without forced induction.

from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Last edited: