GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI vs 2005 Mugen RSX-S

JBinmkvi400

Me, my brother, and my friend were driving home from a small car meet last night, big empty strech of road so my friend in his new RSX decided to try me from a roll. Downshifted from 6th to 3rd at about 30 mph, he gunned it and immediately got ahead (K20 ftw) but I slowly but surely moved past him. Another 30 roll, same results. When we got to a gas station he proceded to tell me he was in 2nd gear both times.:eek: I was like wtf, no wonder you shot ahead. He just has a mugen intake box and catback exhaust and a sweet spoiler. Wanted to try my brothers new evo8, but I don't want to get wrecked:cry:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
The Type S is a quick N/A car, if your friend had the imfamous Hondata flash, he may have stayed ahead of you. :p

JBinmkvi400

The Type S is a quick N/A car, if your friend had the imfamous Hondata flash, he may have stayed ahead of you. [emoji14]
For sure. He wants to get it fully bolted, but I'll be stage 2 before he's bolted, so it'll be interesting to see what happens

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

DerSock

Ready to race!
You were in 3rd doing 30mph??

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a 08 civic si before my GTI. It was quick but I prefer my GTI. Vtec is amazing but I love the feeling of having torque. I had full bolt ons and Flashpro.

JBinmkvi400

Lol it was to give him a chance

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Lol it was to give him a chance

Por que...?

Roll from 40-45 in third and it will certainly be a different outcome.

JBinmkvi400

Well I just went stage 2 today. He wouldn't keep up either way. Until he's bolted and tuned

JBinmkvi400

He wants cams, intake manifold, throttle body. Basically all motor before forced induction.