GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Mini Cat" o2 sensor spacer alternative

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html

does anyone know if this kinda thing really works? Someone said it kept their chk light off but I'd never seen anything like it before on here and ive been researching catless dps for months.

seems like a great idea in theory.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I don't get the point of it, just get a 42DD spacer and done.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I have one in. I don't have any CEL codes. It does come on every now and then in cold weather when the motor is cold.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
interesting. there is a vendor on vwvortex, audizine, that sells another brand uh.. griffins motorworkes

they also offer a similar solution. slightly cheaper but i dunno. both have people saying they work. i'll give them a try when i get my dp on.

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Just use a RAI J-Spacer or a 42DD spacer. Rarely get a CEL and if I do it goes off in a few hundred miles.

NLeo

Ready to race!
I use a right angle one from ebay passes inspection no problem catless. Think it was like $15 shipped its actually been on there for a month and still no cel. I usually take it off after I get an inspection and then put it back in stage 2 mode, but I wanted to see how long I could make it before stock mode threw the cel and it still hasnt come on. Without the spacer the cel would come on the next day.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Just use a RAI J-Spacer or a 42DD spacer. Rarely get a CEL and if I do it goes off in a few hundred miles.

I use a right angle one from ebay passes inspection no problem catless. Think it was like $15 shipped its actually been on there for a month and still no cel. I usually take it off after I get an inspection and then put it back in stage 2 mode, but I wanted to see how long I could make it before stock mode threw the cel and it still hasnt come on. Without the spacer the cel would come on the next day.

are you CBFA or CCTA?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i dont get what your point is at all. In NY they do emissions checks and you have to beat the CEL to pass em

thanks alot. Id like to try one of these

are you CBFA or CCTA?

yeah im CBFA with a full catless lol so i know i have alot of work ahead of me trying to fuck with 2 spacers instead of one. O well, life is good.

I actually called APR and had them make me a stg2 file that has 02 readiness on every program so I dont have to drive around in stock mode just to check if my cel is gonna come back or not

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
i dont get what your point is at all. In NY they do emissions checks and you have to beat the CEL to pass em

thanks alot. Id like to try one of these

yeah im CBFA with a full catless lol so i know i have alot of work ahead of me trying to fuck with 2 spacers instead of one. O well, life is good.

I actually called APR and had them make me a stg2 file that has 02 readiness on every program so I dont have to drive around in stock mode just to check if my cel is gonna come back or not

it's nice that they do that. I thought eurodyne would do it too but they don't :/ i'll need to stay in stage 1 for awhile to make sure i don't have a cel then flash to stage 2

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

You mean OBD2 readiness that you can set via VagCom prior to inspection. That's my point. :rolleyes:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion