GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zombie Build - 2013 GTI DSG

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Me and 20 of my best friends decided to go for a drive today.

PC: @henrykuang

Last edited:

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
I don't see any pictures, hopefully you can fix that :)

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I've been having some troubles with misfires lately while under load. It was mainly in cylinders 1 and 2. So I swapped my coils around to see if it made a difference. I still had misfires. So tonight, I finally had time to pull my plugs out. They were gapped too much, so I brought them down to 0.24 and now no more misfires.

I also did some data logging of 3rd gear WOT pulls.

Here is one of the pulls.

http://www.datazap.me/u/thewalkingdad/c2-3wot-2?log=0&data=4-20&hg=4-12-1-2-18

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I spent some time today working on the car and did two projects.

I tinted my side markers black. It doesn't completely match the CSG, but it's a lot better than paying $50 for the ECS smoked side markers.

In the light

In the dark

The second project, which isn't entirely done, is installing hardwood flooring in my trunk. Sorry for the bad garage lighting.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Looking good. I like the hardwood floor in the back too! Pretty unique.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I paid a visit to 034 today. They installed my RSB. I also bought a pendulum mount and of course a t-shirt. Good guys there.

They gave me a tour of the shop and the machining area where they prototype their new products.

As for the RSB, I haven't had it on long enough to really test. But the car did feel better taking curved the off-ramp at a higher speed.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I picked up a new mounting solution for my Cobb AP. I love the AP, but the mount that comes with it kinda sucks. It uses some double-stick tape to mount onto the car somewhere. It stayed in place for a while, but then began to fall down. Eventually it wouldn't even hold the weight of the AP anymore.

I picked this new mount up from Amazon for about $7. It just clamps onto the slat of the vent and uses a magnet to hold the AP in place. It came with two magnets so I used one on my phone too. The AP actually has a magnet inside of it already so you don't need to use the magnet that comes with this kit.

Overall I'm very pleased with it.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
When I bought my 034 RSB I also bought a new pendulum mount. I've seen too many threads and posts of people who have snapped their OEM mount on a launch and have wrecked other parts in their car. So I bought the upgraded mount mainly as a preventative maintenance/upgrade.

The install was very straight forward, nothing cosmic. There are instructions on the 034 site. I've heard some people say the install was difficult because when the stock mount is removed the tranny rotates, making it difficult to line up the holes to thread the new bolt through on the center bolt. I didn't really have that issue.

All said and done, the install took me about 30 minutes. I wish I would've used some Locktight. It's recommended, but probably not necessary. At some point, I may go back under and put on some Locktight when I buy some more.

As for impressions.... I don't really notice much difference. I wasn't expecting to notice much of a difference either though. My DSG shifts pretty smoothly already, so I wasn't expecting a drastic change there. The shifts do seem a bit smoother though. Thankfully, there is absolutely ZERO increase in NVH. Maybe even a slight decrease in NVH.

So in the end, I recommend the upgrade. Now I have piece of mind that I can launch my car without the OEM mount snapping and blowing up the rest of my front end. I can't recommend 034 high enough for their parts and customer service.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Picked up some paddle shifters from a local guy. I rarely ever use manual mode, but I liked the way these shifters look and feel. They are solid quality aluminum shifters.

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
Looking good in here. That 034 Pendulum Mount is definitely a good preventative measure from what I've heard. Paddle shifts looking pretty sweet too!

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Upon the recommendation of a friend, I checked out some products from Klii Motorwerks.

I decided to get the 5 piece plaid rear emblem inlay and the 5 piece steering wheel inlay. It was easy to put in and the sizes were pretty good. I'm not good with detail work, but it still turned out pretty good IMO. Not bad for a $20 mod.

Disregard the dirty car. It's been raining a lot lately.