GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 GTi emission cheat?

suzukas2ker

hey friends~!
Im shopping around for MK6 Gti but just find out this article.
I thought only diesel models are having this emission cheat stuff.. but even
gti???
and even in Korea they willl stop selling all VW cars biginning end of this month..
I want gti so bad... but since i heard this i dont know what to do....

zrickety

The Fixer
First I've heard of the gas version. Sure it's not the GTD?

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion

Seriously? You're referencing articles from November 2015. There has been zero evidence the GTI has emissions issues. You fell victim to news fear mongering the uneducated public for clicks/ratings

zrickety

The Fixer
Bingo

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my bad guys..

Its okay. Do you even understand what the emission cheat was? Or why your willing to throw away the car you want because of it?

It was a little software manipulation that when put into testing mode made emissions run at 100% but when it wasn't in testing mode it ran at like 80% to improve mileage and power for their diesel owners.

Its funny because none of the diesel owners ever complained about anything and only praised their TDIs like Jesus resurrection because of the mileage and torque they got still. Only after the scandal breaks when they see there may be money for them do they start acting all high and mighty about the environment and emissions this and that.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Its funny because none of the diesel owners ever complained about anything and only praised their TDIs like Jesus resurrection because of the mileage and torque they got still. Only after the scandal breaks when they see there may be money for them do they start acting all high and mighty about the environment and emissions this and that.

That is very far from the truth...

There are a LOT of TDI drivers who bought the car because it was green and still had decent power/driveability... Because they didn't scream about the green aspects like a Prius driver doesn't meant they didn't care...:thumbsup:

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
Its okay. Do you even understand what the emission cheat was? Or why your willing to throw away the car you want because of it?

It was a little software manipulation that when put into testing mode made emissions run at 100% but when it wasn't in testing mode it ran at like 80% to improve mileage and power for their diesel owners.

well said!

now only if the rest of the public (outside of vw fans) would see it this way.