GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Very weird CEL problem.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Posted this a while ago, but I have narrowed it down. So the problem is, once im driving around 65-70 in 6th gear and i play with the throttle just a littlebit, I get an instant CEL and car goes into limp mode. Really unsafe to have your car randomly start slowing down on the highway. I thought it may have something to do with the coilpacks but I replaced them to the R8s last week and the problem is still there.

After scanning the code : 17743/P1335 - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded

I have a forge twintake which has caused me no problems so far, probably around 9 k on it and havent cleaned the filters yet.

The problem is ONLY at around 65-75 MPH. Is it possible that the filter needs a cleaning or could it be something else? If the filter was clogged id expect the same thing to happen at other speeds too?

If I go WOT, everything is fine and no CEL. It is only when I am cruising at highway speed.

Any info and help is appreciated, thanks.

H132

Ready to race!
Posted this a while ago, but I have narrowed it down. So the problem is, once im driving around 65-70 in 6th gear and i play with the throttle just a littlebit, I get an instant CEL and car goes into limp mode. Really unsafe to have your car randomly start slowing down on the highway. I thought it may have something to do with the coilpacks but I replaced them to the R8s last week and the problem is still there.

After scanning the code : 17743/P1335 - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded

I have a forge twintake which has caused me no problems so far, probably around 9 k on it and havent cleaned the filters yet.

The problem is ONLY at around 65-75 MPH. Is it possible that the filter needs a cleaning or could it be something else? If the filter was clogged id expect the same thing to happen at other speeds too?

If I go WOT, everything is fine and no CEL. It is only when I am cruising at highway speed.

Any info and help is appreciated, thanks.

My guess is that a ETM 2 error is tune-related. Contact Revo and see if they can help?

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
This means the engine is reporting that it is achieving more torque thane driver has requested (with the accelerator pedal position). This is Boschs failsafe for the issue that the run-away Prius' had. Two things cause this usually, a boost leak between the turbo and intake manifold or improper settings in the tune.