GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI MK6 Project

Alizzo

Ready to race!
What up everyone.

Just picked up a 2010 MK6. I'm new to the dub scene but have some really great resources that I'm working with, & have put together a list of MODs I plan on doing within the coming year.

Here is the list (so far):

Easy DIY Mods:
1. Delete rear wiper blade
2. Brush front & rear VW emblems (for front, gonna look into cost of eliminating it all together)
3. Black out from side marker lights
4. Yellow the fog lights
5. Remove GTI badge from the front grill
6. Brighter bulbs in the overhead lights in the car

Bigger Mods:
1. Set of adamsrotors (drill, drill, slot w/black hubs)
2. Tint 20% all the way around
3. Suspension (Coilovers w/spacers)
4. Turbo-back Magnaflow exhaust
5. HIDs
6. Boost Gauge
7. Install larger aluminum paddle shifters
8. Diverter valve spacer
9. Intake
10. OEM LED Taillights

Thanks for any help/suggestions/tips/advice that you all can give me.

Here are a few pics of the ride. I already removed the GTI badge on the hatch.

P

plac

interesting list of "bigger" mods.. im sure you'll do a lot of research on each one of those before making any decisions. you seem to be going the more "visual" way of things.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
interesting list of "bigger" mods.. im sure you'll do a lot of research on each one of those before making any decisions. you seem to be going the more "visual" way of things.

Definitely gonna do more research as I go along. I've been using this forum, and some other ones as a good place to start. I'm sure this list will grow & change throughout this process.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
front VW/GTI emblem delete definitely isn't a small mod. you have to get a whole new badgeless grill and shave the hood down.

Yeah I know it. Not gonna do that one anytime soon but I will look into it. This weekend I'm going to black out the side-markers on the front bumper, and delete the rear wiper.

Pics to come.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
@ SethProSTx - Thanks for the heads up man!

@ Ben@P2Spec - What up man, I'm in San Jose, CA.

@ UGMK6<3 - Yup, Stevens Creek. I got lucky too because all they had were base model GTI's. No packages, and none in the color I wanted. This one was a certified pre-owned with only 10,800 miles on it. Fully loaded, Autoban Package. Everything about it was what I wanted.

Alizzo

Ready to race!
It was raining like crazy out here yesterday so couldn't really work on the rear wiper delete. That will happen this week.

Droppin' the car off this morning to get tint. 20% all the way around.

P

plac

It was raining like crazy out here yesterday so couldn't really work on the rear wiper delete. That will happen this week.

Droppin' the car off this morning to get tint. 20% all the way around.

:w00t: great idea to wiper delete when all the rain is coming.

UGMK6<3

Ready to race!
LOL. I realized that after I posted the reply. It's the rear window though, even when it's raining, I don't use that wiper. Haha.

yea, its crazy cause it was super hot just a couple days ago. aaah, i wish those days wouldnt go away.

GL on the tint tho bro. first month i had it, i got 20 all around, and within the next month, what do you know. in came a ticket for my tints. booo

hopefully you have better luck. lol