GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR K04 Requirments

Status
Not open for further replies.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Ok so im 100% sure i want to get the APR k04 turbo kit and im wondering if anybody on here has the kit and just an intake. Anything else necessary? Intercooler? Downpipe? Btw i have a CBFA motor.

Anybody got the kit with no other bolt-ons? LoL

ataman

Ready to race!
Well they have a oem exhaust option. Diffrent software.. I created another tread asking about it's performance. As far as intercoller goes, depends on where you are, outside temp and how much you are going to use high rpms... Highly recommended!

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
Well, think about it this way. The S3 has a K04 stock and S3 IC(obviously), which I believe its intercooler is rated to be reliable for about 265 hp. It would be fine if you didn't have software to go with it, but you will most likely notice a drop in power after only a few miles of spirited driving. With stage 2, I notice a drop in power after about 45 minutes of a combo of normal and some fierce acceleration. With the software, I would say APR or similar intercooler would be a wise decision. I'm going to stick with the S3 intercooler since Stage 2 is already pushing the limits of FWD.

Grownman

Ready to race!
Well they have a oem exhaust option. Diffrent software.. I created another tread asking about it's performance. As far as intercoller goes, depends on where you are, outside temp and how much you are going to use high rpms... Highly recommended!

Hes in CA, during the summers it can get hot 100F +

Not exactly sure, but most people with Stage II go with the S3 Cooler,(Cheaper) but with the k04, should go with the apr one.(Larger etc) I recall Arin making a post/explaining why.

turbo back for performance, cat for sound. CA has strict emission laws, so do the research before blowing $$ therefore, you wont having to revert back during a smog check etc.

I'm going to stick with the S3 intercooler since Stage 2 is already pushing the limits of FWD.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.