GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Finally I bought Motul RBF600, USP stainless brake lines kit and stoptech pads.

Check engine light turned on this morning, I will look at the error code tonight, hoping it's an easy fix ;)

Edit: Nothing that bad, here are my error code:

p0327 - Knock sensor 1 (g61)

p0332 - knock sensor 2 (g66)

Cleared the fault code and made a quick run, no check engine, seems fine for the moment and no knocking sound

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Did you drive through a large puddle, if the knock sensors get wet you will get those error codes. Once they dry they should be ok.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Could be the Tune advancing the timing aggressively on bad gas.

The check engine turned on again and I made a few search's about the knock sensor. A crystal on the sensor transform the vibration into voltage which is sent to the computer. The error about low signal appear when the voltage is under 0.5V.

So my hypothesis is that the higher octane reduced the vibration so much that voltage can't reach 0.5V

So I waited that my tank get empty and put some 91 and no more check engine.

It's probably only a coincidence, I think your answer about large puddle is way better, because I drove on 94 for like ,2 days without issue, I did drive with 94 1 day with my new coil packs and new sparks. And in the morning, there was no check engine, I did drive through large puddle and I stopped the car after reaching my destination, then when I restarted my car, the check engine turned on. Your answer is logic, I feel bad to have filled up my tank with 91, I miss the extra torque ^^ Shell V-Power 91 cost the same than the petrol-canada 94, the 94 got ethanol though.

Next time, I will fill up with 94 and check for check engine

Thanks for your answer ;)

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Since my last post, I got my 034Motorsport engine and trans mounts installed, the engine doesn't move at all even at 7000rpm, I don't notice any new vibration except on reverse gear, there is more vibration on friction point, but I like that ;)

Really a good purchase, take arround 1.5 hours to do both mounts.

I ordered USP stainless brake line, stoptech pads and brake fluid, I should receive the package this friday, I will have some fun this weed end ^^

I am still waiting for my dogbone to arrive, should be shipped next week, I also ordered H&R 28mm front and 24mm rear sway bars today. (I like the fact that it doesn't require maintenance)

Next things I'm planning to buy is rim and new tires. Then I will look for Whiteline Anti-Lift / Caster Kit and new brake rotor, maybe Hawk rotors.

I am also close to the 100k milles and it's recommanded to change the serpentine and ac belt and tensionners, I have seen a full kit on ECS for 153$usd, it was on sale last week I think, I should have bought it last week :( Anyway, I will look to change this, I don't know if it's hard to install, I have read that replacing the belt is a 30mins job.

davserbic

Ready to race!
Got my windows tinted, super stoked on that. I got 35% all around. (VA Limit = 55F/35R)

Also got my Golf R side skirts painted to Candy White and mounted yesterday.

somerset91

Ready to race!
Got inspired today, wanted to know your thoughts on my Rose Gold post..

I see something like shiny rims and while that's not my thing, if that is a worthwhile pursuit to you, go for it. For me, if it makes my car go faster, handle better, and/or look and sound better, I think that's money well spent. But look and sound is a purely subjective measure.

Also, you mentioned getting your R skirts painted. I have BEC replica skirts that are primed but not painted. Did you get it professionally done? They've just been sitting around for a while.

davserbic

Ready to race!
I see something like shiny rims and while that's not my thing, if that is a worthwhile pursuit to you, go for it. For me, if it makes my car go faster, handle better, and/or look and sound better, I think that's money well spent. But look and sound is a purely subjective measure.

Also, you mentioned getting your R skirts painted. I have BEC replica skirts that are primed but not painted. Did you get it professionally done? They've just been sitting around for a while.

Yea, I got mine professionally painted by a local — did a fantastic job. $200 to paint them.

somerset91

Ready to race!
Yea, I got mine professionally painted by a local — did a fantastic job. $200 to paint them.

LOL it costs more to paint than the actual parts...I tried painting the rear hatch emblem myself and the quality of the work is not such that I'll want to do the side skirts myself.

I'll have to start saving up...my next mod is sound system. I had the parts for a while, never got around to installing them.