GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Original Coding for Halogen Headlights Help

KFahey

Ready to race!
Hello,

Awhile back I had my local shop code my rear LED taillights and disable my DRLs up front in my halogen headlights. However, the taillights operate perfectly, but for some reason my city bulb/parking bulbs no longer turn on at all in my headlights and my DRLs are off when my headlights are off (which is what I wanted) but they turn on when my headlights are on....This is when the high beams are off keep in mind, so my DRLs are ALWAYS on when my headlights are turned on. Something's funky in the coding

I just need to know how to return the coding for these halogens completely back to stock, and then I can just disable to DRLS properly on my own.

I just ordered the OBDeleven dongle so I can do this.

Any help would be great! Thank you!

KFahey

Ready to race!
The option is there but it doesn't do anything it's weird. I just want the headlights to operate like they did stock

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Definitely coding bro. Not sure if ODVEleven will have the option but would be cool. I have iPhone though so I don’t think I’ll ever know.

KFahey

Ready to race!
It looks like I should be able to manually code the lights, waiting on a reply from DAP. We'll see......Still need some advice what to code though and where to correct the issue

KFahey

Ready to race!
Solved my issue, byte 18 needed to be coded to 1F for halogens without rear fogs if someone is having the same issue. Mine was coded at 21

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Solved my issue, byte 18 needed to be coded to 1F for halogens without rear fogs if someone is having the same issue. Mine was coded at 21

Awesome thanks for the update! That’s what mine is codes to.