Neuspeed 25mm Rear anti-Sway Bar
Neuspeed Turbo Outlet Pipe
Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe
Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert
Volkswagen DG lowering Springs

Cosmetic:
70% 3M Crystalline Tint on Front Windshield
60% 3M Crystalline Tint on Front Side Windows
5% 3M Color Stable on the rear side and windshield.
Porsche Motor Oil Cap and Porsche Engine Coolant Cap
OEM ED35 Bumper (35th Anniversary Gti Bumper)
Color Matched Candy White Bumper Insert
Gloss Black Lower Honey Comb Grill and Fog Housing
OEM Thunderbunny Sideskirts
Dark Cherry Led Tail Lights with Smoked Turn Signals.
HID White Foglights
18"x8" Advan RS Wheels colored bright Chrome weighing 17 lbs.

Vagcom: Windows, Fogs as Cornering Lights, heated seat memory, full traction control off, xds set to 2, disabled horn on lock, emergency brake lights...

Planned mods:
Stealthbox and subwoofer
Bilstein Shocks down the line..
Motormounts
R8 Coilpacks

How my GTi looks as of:
01/01/2017

06/06/2016:

How my car looks as of 04/11/2014:

Purchased on the 25th of October, 2012.

Cost: $29,759

When she was brand new!

Last edited:

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Off to G5 Tint in Alhambra for some tint!

Although i have limo tint in the rear, A LOT of light is still let into the car! AMAZING TINT.

on the bottom right square is my mom's car woth 3M color stable 40% all around. tint looks much darker when you have a dark interior as opposed to light interior

Last edited:

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Next is Neuspeed P-Flo Intake in preparation for my APR tune :)
I way overpayed :/ at the time the APR Carbonio was also available for $30 more but the shop owner advised me to get the P-Flo because it was easier to install and for "better fit". He said there was basically no difference between the two in performance. I went along with his advice and told him to take care of my baby. I didn't even want to trust myself to install it in case i messed something up. After also charging me for install, he had the shop's novice put on my new intake. The novice was having a problem putting it on due to inexperience and had to be instructed on how to put it on. *sigh* If i was going to overpay for an intake and an install, I'd prefer it be done by the experienced professional instead of using my car as a learning experience for the novice.

Few days later...

The cost of not wanting to wait :/

I decided to go to Ingolstadt West for my APR Stage 1 Tune since they had the cheapest install price.

Last edited:

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Time for some cosmetics!

I had my front insert color matched and the lower honeycomb and foglight housing painted gloss black to match the upper honeycomb grill.

Total Cost: $150

I went to 360 Autoworks for the work to be done. If you live in Socal, this is a great autobody shop. You can ask for Duc (pronounced Duke) and have the same thing done to your car for the same price. Just mention "Simon recommended me to come here. He has a white GTI" and you should be good.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Next thing I changed was stock halogen fog lights to:

PIAA
White one. not the Blue one. The white doesn't really match the xenons :/
But at least it's white.

My buddy DinosauRaphael has the Yellow PIAA fog bulbs. Makes me consider switching....

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I've been considering lowering my car but stock height is so awesome....

I don't always park like an idiot and drive too far up, but when i do, I am glad my car is not getting the shit scraped out of it.
Even with the lip :)

Many parking blocks ARE tall enough to scrape the lip though. Now, i NEVER park all the way up and over the parking block just in case i am unlucky.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Time for some new wheels :)

Team Dynamics Motorsport
Pro Race 1.2
OEM Matte Black
Size: 18X8 et 45
Made in England

I LOVE the way the wheels look in person. However, through my iphone 5 camera the wheels just look like black holes to oblivion.

Fairwell Serrons!

Helloooo Sexy.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow I got a 3M tint job for $250. That price is nuts. Love the car though.

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Love the plate... I ended up getting the full lettering here in OK...

I also love the gloss black lower grille. How is it holding up with regards to dust and the like, seems like my plastic lower grille always looks dirty...

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Ahh someone already has the correct lettering for dasauto in California.

The more I mod the more i love my car the more I wash it.
The glossy lower honey comb is as easy to maintain as the top honeycomb. No real dents nor chips yet, but i did get some on my hood and bumper :/
I wash once every 10 days or so. Having a foam gun, good microfiber,& detailing spray makes the process much faster. About 45min.

Update: Traded my P-flo for Rotary Knight's Carbonio.

The Carbonio is A LOT quieter than the p-flo. Could be placebo effect but i feel like the car runs smoother with the carbonio. The difference is minute and hard for me to discern.

Then again, switching from my 24lb serrons to the 19 lb Team Dynamics doesn't make me really feel a big difference either.