GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What would I need done to beat 2010 Mustang GT?

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
2010 Mustang GT should be able to spank a Stage 2 GTI off the line. From a roll, there is no way a stage 2 GTI on octane 93 will pull on it. (METH/oct 100 is a different story)

I have raced my bro's 2005 Mustang GT Auto Trany (stock/ 300hp & 320ft-lbs) with a few small mods (suspension, intake, axle back) at Stage 1 and Stage 2 multiple times. Stage 2, or downpipe, basically has enabled me to stay neck to neck with it at highway speeds (40+).

On the strip, my GTI had no chance. Both cars are autos. With the GT, there is no drama off the line, you will feel that raw power/acceleration (as a passenger) compared to the fwd. Both cars trap about the same, while the GT will run mid 13's.

Btw...that "Stage 2 vs GT" video is useless.

You do realize those are crank numbers he was probably making less than a manual GT to the wheels

I dont see why a S2 GTi cant pull on a 2010 GT (from a roll) the thing ways 500+ pounds more than the GTI ....If it was a 5.0 I would completely agree

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Okay as far as my personal experience I raced my buddies 2010 GT (4.6L) from a 40 roll at stage 1 (MKV DSG) I got walked, raced him again from a 40 and 50 at stage 2 (MKV DSG) I was able to keep up a slight bit better on the actual hit but he still pulled away with ease. Now keep in mind that's with a MKV I'm sure that a stage 2 MKVI could keep up with a 2010 GT but would ultimately get pulled in the triple digits.

My buddies mustang was MANUAL, he weighs maybe 120lbs soaking wet, and he's a great driver. The mustang also had headers and an axleback.

Long story short, I say Stage 2 W/M, and appropriate software to take advantage of the methanol, would be enough to pull a stock A/T or M/T 2010 GT.

heftysmurf

Ready to race!
You figure you better be trapping somewhere in 104 to 105 to beat the mustang.

Also that mustang weighs in at around 3500-3550.

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
Your DSG will be your biggest advantage.

From a roll, I doubt a stage 2 GTI wouldn't pull a 5.0.

Maybe a stage 2 GTI running water/meth injection on a 100 octane file would be a different story.

Once he's tuned its a different story though.

MMMKAYVI

Passed Driver's Ed
i actually raced a GT automatic last night and i got him for a roll of 30 with me in 2nd gear (DSG). but he requested a 20 roll so i did it and it pulled on me till we hit 90 and I passed him. He has an CAI and straight piped.
I am APR stg 2 with APR stg 2 intake, and APR high flow DP.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i actually raced a GT automatic last night and i got him for a roll of 30 with me in 2nd gear (DSG). but he requested a 20 roll so i did it and it pulled on me till we hit 90 and I passed him. He has an CAI and straight piped.
I am APR stg 2 with APR stg 2 intake, and APR high flow DP.

which year mustang

wireless

Ready to race!
I've raced quite a few 5.0's here locally - I'm Unitronic Stage 2 - If they have basic bolt on's (headers/canned tune/short throw.. idk if thats a bolt on but I'm counting it lol/cai) it's VERY close from a roll ONLY if it's a manual. If it's an auto, even a stock 5.0 slowly pulls, and the gap widens when we get over 110+ mph.

dyno tuned 5.0's I can't really keep up... but it's almost not even a race lol. my little hatch still surprises them, but they are still working with a lot more power and a good auto transmission..

new v6 mustang/camaro's on the other hand.. bahaha. unless they have slicks or some big power adder, no way they can do anything lol

heftysmurf

Ready to race!
I've raced quite a few 5.0's here locally - I'm Unitronic Stage 2 - If they have basic bolt on's (headers/canned tune/short throw.. idk if thats a bolt on but I'm counting it lol/cai) it's VERY close from a roll ONLY if it's a manual. If it's an auto, even a stock 5.0 slowly pulls, and the gap widens when we get over 110+ mph.

dyno tuned 5.0's I can't really keep up... but it's almost not even a race lol. my little hatch still surprises them, but they are still working with a lot more power and a good auto transmission..

new v6 mustang/camaro's on the other hand.. bahaha. unless they have slicks or some big power adder, no way they can do anything lol
True most new 5.0 just with a tune will trap over 114 or so as the come very conservative from factory. They also have very long gears so a gear change and tune makes them very formidable.