GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The slow (but sometimes fast) '13 UG GTI

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Clutch update- just hit 4000 miles on it today, no issues whatsoever. Broke in nicely, engagement is smooth, not as smooth as stock but not terrible. SMFW noise is definitely loud, but thats expected.

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
I keep hearing a very hollow sounding clunk from the left rear, only happens when I hit a sudden dip in the road with just one side.

Checked the RSB end links, made sure everything was greased and torqued to spec but it hasn't subsided.

Any ideas?

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Bought a k04 kit. Installed AS3's. Installed Whiteline Endlinks. Purchased and installed a Snow Performance Stage 2 water/methanol injection kit- currently setup for GIAC stage 2 power, have the nozzle to tune for k04.

Purchased and installed a Eurojet CBE.

Going to install the k04 mid next week and get tuned as soon as I can.

Also for anyone who does read this if you're contemplating WMI, just do it. Totally worth every penny.

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Did the k04 install tonight, hit one snag which I'll resolve in the morning.

Started at 5pm, took an hour break for hose clamps/food and thats it. All in all, took about 8 hours- I've now been forced to stop because I misplaced a coolant return line washer and subsequently I'm hemorrhaging coolant across my garage floor :thumbdown:

Picking up a bunch tomorrow morning then heading to AWE to get it tuned.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Post up what you think of the K04 after your up and running. I've had mine (APR) sitting in a box for a few months now. Hopefully will be installing soon!

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Nice. Post up what you think of the K04 after your up and running. I've had mine (APR) sitting in a box for a few months now. Hopefully will be installing soon!

Initial thoughts are :thumbsup:. I was worried it would be a different driving experience (speaking as a negative), but its so far been very positive. Really smooth power delivery and really brings the car to life.

I loved Stage 2 with WMI, can't imagine what the K04 will be like with WMI.

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Going to either buy a VagCom system and run parallels or boot camp on my mac to run windows software- or I may try to find someone who has tuned a WMI kit before to help me out.

However- initial runs with WMI spraying have shown a noticeable increase in performance while spraying, want to run some logs to be sure everything is going correctly.