Late to the party MkVI

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Also got my Klii Motorwerkes MD Flag badge insert today:

http://www.kliimotorwerkes.com/products/rear-badge-inlay-maryland-flag

nebright

Passed Driver's Ed
ECS Dogbone insert installed.

All the horror stories led me to believe it was going to be very difficult to push the insert in, but it went in with just a push of the palm...I DID cut the front bits off on the advice of the forum, but now I kind of wish I had tried it with them still on.

Definitely felt the vibrations in reverse but nothing disturbing. No other NVH changes at all, just much more responsive throttle, effortlessly smooth shifts that don't buck the car at all, just engage and go. Also getting on it in 1st and 2nd keeps the wheels more firmly planted and gets rid of the hop. Also noticed a lot less torque steer!

All-in-all good mod for the price and one more thing off the short list. Next up is probably the DG short shifter.
Are dg inserts strictly for manual? I have dsg.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Are dg inserts strictly for manual? I have dsg.

TBH, I don't know if the options are different since I didn't look into DSG stuff, but you can get them. Only thing I've seen is that they cause more NVH with the DSG than the Manny.

But I can only imagine the benefit is increased as well....

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Nice!

Installation was more of a bitch than expected. What I learned was that the vinyl can be worked while partially stuck down so that it lines up perfectly. The tweezers were crucial since I would have taken all the adhesive off on my fingertips by the time I got them set right.

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Nice write-up on the DG SS. Obligatory pic was pretty sweet too:D
Thanks dude. Hope it shed some light on your shifter decisions.

I also just cut the shift lever down 1 3/4". Throws don't necessarily feel much shorter but shifts feel better with the knob that much lower. No test drive but sitting still it felt more natural. To be perfectly honest I just wanted to do something and this is pretty much free if you have the tools. I even reused the OE knob clamp successfully. Guess this car isn't getting traded in any time soon. [emoji38]

Pics later, back to drinking DFH 60 Minute like it's going out if style.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Cut shifter

Eye candy 4 u:

Read through the threads on cutting your shifter stalk down and decided to do it *on my friend's car*. JK. I know this car is mine for at least a few years, and if I need to trade it or return to stock for any reason I can probably get away with just repositioning the knob higher on what's left of the stalk to get back to that stock feel. But we won't worry about that for now.

As you can see something was done under here before. The crimp is crooked...

Stuck a trash bag over the stalk to contain ALL METAL SHAVINGS. Worked very well.

Used a vibrator to cut the shaft.

Boom, irreversible mod.

NO REGRETS. SHIFTER FEELS NICE NOW. I had to get used to the knob feeling different in my hand after dropping it so much lower but now that's passed and it compliments the DG STS kit nicely.

This mod is a little racecary and so not ultimately necessary but cool nonetheless.

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
VAGfair

Didn't know some pronounced it "VAGG-fair"...I thought the vaginal pronunciation was unavoidable and intrinsic to the scene...

Anyways, first big VW show was cool. Only saw one forum guy there and I recognized the whip but I couldn't put a username with the car. Wish I could have heard his Magnaflow. :iono:

I liked how he parked next to us and continued the color gradient. UG --> CSG --> Black. We just needed a CW and a Silver to make the grayscale.

OH YEAH I FORGOT TO TELL U GUISE WE GOT ANOTHER ONE

My girlfriend had been shopping around for something better than her beater '09 Aveo 5spd for a while. That thing...such peril.

She ended up buying a 2012 CSG 4d 6mt Autobahn. I did not realize I wanted the OEM LEDs so badly.

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Been a little bit since an update. Few things have happened.

1. I just ordered a set of Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 to replace those which came with the car and have subsequently been thrashed. I wanted to go with summer tires but that would be kind of stupid considering winter is coming in MD and I live on a road which I believe to be treacherous in snow/ice conditions. I now have two slow leaks and I JUST finally got my tax return. Will be installing those Wed 9/9 before a trip up to Watkins Glenn, NY.

2. Installed the eBay clutch-stop in my GF's 4-door and damn does that tiny thing make a huge difference. Driving her car without it was borderline unbearable. SO much pedal past the friction point it's ridiculous.

3. Changed my plugs out for NGK Iridiums. Got an oil change at Induktion Motorsport because I wanted a service record.

4. Induktion also threw in all the VAGCOM I wanted for free. :w00t: Favorites so far are the windows w/key, as well as the TSC which is astounding. Car pulls perfectly straight now.

Magnets? :iono:

5. Got my golfmk6com decal: