GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track brake pads

darkGTI

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, looking for a good solution for track brake pads, I've gone thru StopTech and EBC yellow stuff in 3 track days each, so I'm looking for something that would last longer, any suggestions?

Eowyn89

I use Hawk HPS. I've used them for 2 years and they're still in good shape (I just inspected them this weekend in preparation for my first track event). I've done three HPDE events over that time (12 sessions, about 4 hours of track time) and a mix of daily driving and weekend canyon carving. I live in Pittsburgh and they do well in the winter as well.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Carbotech or Hawk DTC-60/70 higher end stuff.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Xp10! Just replaced with a fresh set. My old ones were looking pretty tired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acro

Xp10! Just replaced with a fresh set. My old ones were looking pretty tired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the noise and dust on the XP10's. That is a bit of a concern for me and how does it work in the cold when you just start driving?

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
After MUCH research and reading an unbelievably LOT of thread, it appears that "THE" brake pads to try are the Endless 72 or it's replacement. The catch is that there doesn't seem to be a US distributor and you'd have to order them from overseas which could take a month or so to come in.

For what's readily available, I am trying Hawk HP PLUS on the fronts and HPS on the rear. I actually prefer to run the same pad front/rear but the HP+ is not available for the rear.

My brake setup will be as follows:
Castrol SRF brake fluid
Hawk HP+ front
Remove front brake dust shields
Hawk HPS rear

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
They are noisy and dust a lot. They do work fine in the cold, would not recommend them for a street car.

This. I daily mine at the moment with no choice. They are loud AF and dust like crazy. Work extremely well though!! Highly recommend them.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
After MUCH research and reading an unbelievably LOT of thread, it appears that "THE" brake pads to try are the Endless 72 or it's replacement. The catch is that there doesn't seem to be a US distributor and you'd have to order them from overseas which could take a month or so to come in.

For what's readily available, I am trying Hawk HP PLUS on the fronts and HPS on the rear. I actually prefer to run the same pad front/rear but the HP+ is not available for the rear.

My brake setup will be as follows:
Castrol SRF brake fluid
Hawk HP+ front
Remove front brake dust shields
Hawk HPS rear

I have run Endless 72’s and HP+. 72’s are the best street pad as they are not noisy and not especially noisy and they are somewhere between HPS and HP+ in terms of stopping power. Never ran them at the track always swapped in HP+ for the track. They were more aggressive than the 72’s but are noisy and dusty. HP+ served me well at track